This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
    They did it again.... 6161 you remain a faithful servant to me!
    The competitor fixed their issues weeks ago, and a lot of people who were debating which software to buy went to the competitor because their modules work, unlike Streamfab bring back re-encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by voal View Post

Thanks for telling them we do NOT want re-encoding videos back, it is a DOWNGRADE. People on other forums are starting to lose faith in Streamfab and switching to the competitor because they fixed Amazon DL last month. SMH
      In a private message to Wilson, both Jack and I, made clear those exact points. I don't feel comfortable posting Jack's comments from a private message, but I have every right to show my own, and it appears below. I'll probably get more crap from Brozilla because I'm going against the company, but the truth must be told. If Jack wants to post his comments, he can. They aren't that much different from mine or yours. Wilson is very aware of our feelings now and probably would not have released it when he did other than it was too late to remove it at such short notice. That has been mine and Jack's biggest complaint, that we have extremely often been left in the dark as to what is being planned. Had we known that they were going back to re-encoding with this release, we would have vetoed it as soon as we found out in the planning stage.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-07 8.52.19 AM.png
Views:	277
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	438789

Comment

They did it again.... 6161 you remain a faithful servant to me!
        If I may ask..... why the decision to stay with 6.1.6.1?.....

I had stayed with 6.1.5.1..... until finally updating to 6.1.6.7..... which seems to be doing everything I can expect..... meaning what was wrong prior to the DRM change is still wrong..... and the after DRM change still affecting Netflix..... Amazon..... and Peacock.....

I read what I just wrote and laugh..... that I have to specify chronologically the many different categories of what doesn't work.....

Be that as it may..... what's keeping you on 6.1.6.1..... or more importantly from my own selfish perspective..... what am I missing that 6.1.6.1 does and 6.1.6.7 doesn't?.....

Thanks!

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

It is funny how users on Reddit have expressed the same sentiment and have been deterred from purchasing the streamfab because it does not work as advertised. Streamfab will notice a drop in sales from this one because the competitor has shown they can fix the issue within a reasonable time and are gaining sales.
          Last edited by Cats4U; 03-07-2024, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Cats4U
            Cats4U commented
            Editing a comment
            Voal, you didn't need to delete the whole message. I just wanted you to remove the part that made it look like I wrote it. I restored the deleted message and removed the attestation. All is ok, now
            Last edited by Cats4U; 03-07-2024, 03:31 PM.

Originally posted by voal View Post

It is funny how users on Reddit have expressed the same sentiment and have been deterred from purchasing the streamfab because it does not work as advertised. Streamfab will notice a drop in sales from this one because the competitor has shown they can fix the issue within a reasonable time and are gaining sales.
          CleverGet?

Comment

Originally posted by peter777 View Post

CleverGet?
            No, read the comment screen shot in blue in Post 32

Comment

I couldn't agree more with the comments that Cats4U shared in blue in post 32 of this thread.​

I've said it before, I purchased the competitor several years ago, only because of an HBOMax DRM issue at that time taking so long for FAB to fix (6+ weeks when I finally broke down and purchased the other), while that competitor had it fixed it in a couple of weeks. I continued to use it for HBOMax/Max because for a while there, StreamFab was limited to 720p.

With this Jan 25 DRM change, the competitor had theirs fixed quickly, for all services they support (sure its a fraction of what Fab does, but they hit the main services). They didn't resort to "re-encoding" or such.

There is a Subredit (Is that the right term?) for Streamfab, I'm guessing users who don't want to come to the official forum for whatever reason. I'm seeing more and more starting to ask questions on the competitor. There is also a Subreddit for the competitor, with people saying they are looking at coming over from StreamFab.

In the competitor's forum, StreamFab isn't considered a competitor, its considered a joke because of how long DRM and other bugs take to get resolved.

Years ago the company I worked for at the time gave us a book called "Customer Satisfaction is Worthless, Customer Loyalty is Priceless." by Jeffrey Gitomer. It and other books discuss how Loyal customers will not stray and will voice their support for a product or service. Satisfied customers wont necessarily speak about it, but will give their opinion if asked, and they will explore other options, given price or quality concerns. Its hard, and costly, to bring those satisfied customers back. Dissatisfied customers will "shout it from the roof tops" and share their dissatisfaction everywhere and every time they can. Its nearly impossible to turn dissatisfied customers around.

My point is, as I read comments in this forum, on Reddit, and elsewhere, more and more users are becoming dissatisfied, or they are users who were satisfied that are now beginning to look at options. That will not be good for FAB. With physical media purchases becoming less and less convenient, at least in the USA, Streaming is an important part of Fab's continued success. If they keep this up, I fear they wont have new customers for StreamFab.

Comment

Ok, everybody, let try to bring our discussions back to StreamFab and curb the competitor talk. I fully understand the anger now and wanting to lash out and mention the various competitors, but it is looked at as a bit of bad taste as well as an infraction of the forum rules. Let's all get back to StreamFab. OK?

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

If I may ask..... why the decision to stay with 6.1.6.1?.....

I had stayed with 6.1.5.1..... until finally updating to 6.1.6.7..... which seems to be doing everything I can expect..... meaning what was wrong prior to the DRM change is still wrong..... and the after DRM change still affecting Netflix..... Amazon..... and Peacock.....

I read what I just wrote and laugh..... that I have to specify chronologically the many different categories of what doesn't work.....

Be that as it may..... what's keeping you on 6.1.6.1..... or more importantly from my own selfish perspective..... what am I missing that 6.1.6.1 does and 6.1.6.7 doesn't?.....

Thanks!
                  Quite simply, with the 6161, the episodes with the new DRM are simply skipped. In the latest versions they would be loaded at 480p or now upscaled from 480p to 1080p. Recoding is basically out of the question for me. And I don't want standard definition videos. I'll load the missing episodes in a few weeks when the DRM is fixed.

and I don't use Netflix.

Klicken Sie auf das Bild für eine größere Version  Name: Screenshot 07.03.2024 161318.png Aufrufe: 1 Größe: 117.1 KB Kennung: 438819

Comment

In the latest versions they would be loaded at 480p or now upscaled from 480p to 1080p.
                    There is no upscaling, neither 6163 with 480/540p nor 6168 with 720p/1080p.
                    Re-encoded result has same resolution like the download.

Comment

Quite simply, with the 6161, the episodes with the new DRM are simply skipped. In the latest versions they would be loaded at 480p or now upscaled from 480p to 1080p. Recoding is basically out of the question for me. And I don't want standard definition videos. I'll load the missing episodes in a few weeks when the DRM is fixed.

and I don't use Netflix.
                      Thank you for the quick reply.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Same as above, so I'd know which episodes/movies have problems immediately and need to be downloaded later.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                          There is no upscaling, neither 6163 with 480/540p nor 6168 with 720p/1080p.
                          Re-encoded result has same resolution like the download.
                          You mean re-encoding works like a screen grabber, where the decoded video frame is re-encoded on the fly into an H.264 or H.265 stream? I'm asking because I haven't seen an official description and I assumed "re-encoding" here meant upscaling the SD video.

Either way, though, I prefer to wait and avoid re-encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffDavis View Post
                            .. I assumed "re-encoding" here meant upscaling the SD video.
                            This is simply wrong.
                            With 6168 what was selected is downloaded and if there is no key,
                            simply put, it is played invisibly in fast forward and repackaged.​

EDIT:
                            ​If it works without errors - which was unsuccessful on my first attempt!

"Remux file not exist"​

Comment

To be honest, I don't know what's so bad about this re-encoding. I downloaded a few episodes. It just looks great.

Comment

Working...
                              X