X
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize you're covering the bases so I've covered what I've done so far. My honest opinion it has more to do with Win7 than anything else. It WILL run on Win11 but that horrid OS creates so much network chatter not much else gets through. I only fire it or the Win10 machines up when I have to. Usually just to support someone else.

I deleted EVERYTHING pertaining to SF and I mean EVERYTHING. Every last directory, every last file, every last registry entry, even it's entries in the MuiCache keys. Every last speck. At this rate it may go away for good. If DVDFab had the foresight to post the checksums I wouldn't have needed to download it 3 times, and it was the offline installer, not the online. I learned my lesson the hard way. Grab it NOW or pay $10 next month. Yes I told it not to save my settings as that would defeat the purpose of removing it completely. Unless it drops turds elsewhere in the system I'm pretty sure I flushed that toilet.

Here are the checksums I got. I use a program I've used for years called MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility v2.1 by Raymond Lin.

MD5 CB74101BBE7F1DFBB7AAE038A6E225CE
    SHA-1 58AEE092DB58D6DE136F8552DAEF27AFE8972C84
    SHA-256 B35A1F634A35AC0134ABFCE3DAB3403597F9DA903E9F707616 0B9FAD8C438CBA
    SHA-512 893AF4C023D880B20285ED44E5714051475C9569225B967FEA 0B49E2A06811392803847739A6957B2F8D7A07BA44D203FACC 8DBEAA36AE96B35DCF9D49E4354A

Every time.

I have little faith in professional uninstallers. I can't count how many times they've missed something or how many times they removed something that they shouldn't have. Not just my systems but my clients. That's not just a couple of years experience talking, that's decades of fighting with them. They may be fine for someone who has maybe a handful of programs installed but I have a LOT of money invested in software that I don't want trashed. Software I can't replace or the latest version blows. Be sure to read the disclaimers and terms of use for every one of those uninstallers before you buy stock in the company. You are likely to find a "We broke your software? So sad too bad. Never promised rainbows." in the teeny weeny print.

I'm of the opinion if the provided uninstaller does not work properly and completely it is simply a waste of disk space and an exercise in futility. Just there to give people a warm fuzzy feeling.

I do appreciate the help though, some would rather bash noobs than help. From what I've seen you bend over backwards to help regardless of who it may be! Hats off!

Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Howdy everybody again!

Okay, after reading this thread I am obviously up against a wall here. I have so much invested in DVDfab products I cannot just turn everything off and walk away. I am retired (going on 79 years) and this is my only real outside interest, soooo. I am not totally against purchasing a cheap micro desktop with Win 11 Pro. I did some research and it seems it can handle network file sharing between my XP box and Win 7 with SMB1 option engaged.

The only thing I am concerned about is the installation on a second computer. The reason I am concerned is that I preferably would not want to uninstall it on my Win 7 in case you folks get the win 7 issue fixed. You system requirements show Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 (32/64 bit). Therefor I assume you are trying to find a fix. And if I have to only have SF on one box, I would be unable to tell if you fixed the issues. Can I have SF on both boxes if they are not used simultaneously? Is there a minimum fee for a second box or will they live together?

Thanks for any assistance in this issue

Comment

You don't have to uninstall. Are you sure you only have one license? If you're not sure, log in to the web page and look at the "License" tab. Either way, it's not a big problem; the worst that can happen is you'll have to "deauthorize" on one computer to run on the other, which could get annoying if you go back and forth constantly but I don't think that's your intention.

I have 11 licenses; I didn't plan it that way, it just happened when I did upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by JJBillings View Post
          The only thing I am concerned about is the installation on a second computer. The reason I am concerned is that I preferably would not want to uninstall it on my Win 7 in case you folks get the win 7 issue fixed. You system requirements show Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7 (32/64 bit). Therefor I assume you are trying to find a fix. And if I have to only have SF on one box, I would be unable to tell if you fixed the issues. Can I have SF on both boxes if they are not used simultaneously? Is there a minimum fee for a second box or will they live together?

Thanks for any assistance in this issue
          1. Can I have SF on both boxes if not used simultaneously? --- This depends on how many licenses for Windows you purchased when you purchased StreamFab.

You can install StreamFab, in trial mode, on any PC without Authorizing it. But Authorizing it so that you can use all its features, without trial limits, requires a license.

If you purchased only a single computer license, then it can be installed on many computers, but only fully used on one at a time, the other PC's would be in trial mode. So to use 1PC license on two PC's, you first need to deauthorize StreamFab on one computer, then authorize on the other as you switch between the computers.

Fab often ran bundles for StreamFab All-In-One (Lifetime)​ that also included 5-Computer License and Amazon Gift Card. So depending on how you purchased StreamFab, you might have multiple Computer Licenses already.

To check how many licenses you've purchased visit -> https://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm and sign in, then select Licenses from along the left. Once you see licenses, make sure that StreamFab is selected. You'll see the "in use" license count and a count of how many you've purchased. You'll also see a list of MAC addresses of the computers on which StreamFab has been authorized.

That is also the screen where you can Deauthorize any computers that no longer need the app. This is helpful if you've upgraded your computer and forgot to deauthorize StreamFab first. (I've been lazy, at least two of my 5 are older PC's I've upgraded and the old parts are in a drawer, but I forgot to deauthorized them before taking them apart. I can deauthorize from this screen when I need to free up the licenses, rather than having to boot those parts into windows and launch StreamFab and deauthorize from the menu.).

In my example screen shot, you can see I have 8 licenses for StreamFab for Windows. I'm using 5, and the 5 computers I've authorized it on are listed, with the ability for me to deauthorize it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	69.3 KB ID:	440160

2. Is there a minimum fee for a second box?

Yes, you can buy an additional 3-PC license for $29.99(USD). The screen shot above has the button to do so. I don't seen an option to buy just an additional 1-PC License in Member Center. If you already have a 1-PC license, and buy the 3-PC License, you'll be able to Authorize StreamFab on up to 4 computers total.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
            1. Can I have SF on both boxes if not used simultaneously? --- This depends on how many licenses for Windows you purchased when you purchased StreamFab.

You can install StreamFab, in trial mode, on any PC without Authorizing it. But Authorizing it so that you can use all its features, without trial limits, requires a license.
            Well, I don't know how I got them, but mine says 1/14. So I am assuming I have plenty of extras LOL...

Thanks for the info on how to determine the number of licenses. I appreciate it very much.

Comment

Well, I don't know how I got them, but mine says 1/14. So I am assuming I have plenty of extras LOL...

Thanks for the info on how to determine the number of licenses. I appreciate it very much.
              Depending on if you purchased other modules, or add-ons, it might have added licenses.

But I'm not sure how they do it, as I show 8 for DVDFab, 8 for StreamFab, and 8 for Passkey... I know I didn't buy 8 for Passkey

Comment

But I'm not sure how they do it, as I show 8 for DVDFab, 8 for StreamFab, and 8 for Passkey... I know I didn't buy 8 for Passkey
                Indeed. I think my 11 are 5 for DVDFab all-in-1, 5 for StreamFab all-in-1, and 1 for Photo Enhancer AI; they all add up for all products.

Comment

Depending on if you purchased other modules, or add-ons, it might have added licenses.
                  Well I have a bunch of the DVDFab products so I guess that's where they came from.

My Win 11 Micro will be here tomorrow, so will find out real quick if it will function reasonably decent in the Win 11 environment. I refuse to give up my Win 7 box and will keep testing SF on that machine. Hopefully they will get it fixed since it's supposed to function on 7!

Comment

I still have my old finger-dial telephone but that doesn't mean ATT will come to my house and fix it. With Windows 12 being released next quarter, there is slim to no chance anyone will still be continuing support for Windows 7.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Well I have a bunch of the DVDFab products so I guess that's where they came from.

My Win 11 Micro will be here tomorrow, so will find out real quick if it will function reasonably decent in the Win 11 environment. I refuse to give up my Win 7 box and will keep testing SF on that machine. Hopefully they will get it fixed since it's supposed to function on 7!
                      I suggest you try the new beta version (see the first "sticky" topic) on Windows 7. Already one person has reported that the beta version solved a crash problem. I have no reason to believe it will help with Windows 7, but it's worth a shot.

Comment

As expected the new update has done nothing that I can see. Got the email bigging up the 1080p feature on Amazon. I purchased Icons Unearthed James Bond on Amazon on February 9th and while SF was failing the competition downloaded it perfectly and I created my own Bluray.

Here we are virtually 2 months later and I used the new Streamfab update and all I got was the first episode endlessly analysing.
                        Disappointing but not really unexpected.

Comment

6.1.7.1 beta solved the complete crash on Win7. Tried an older title (rent only), Good Will Hunting which crashed StreamClient.exe. Tried a recent Included With Prime, Road House which did the same but I pretty much expected that since it was recently added. Both failed with the usual "Failure accessing video information...." The "other guy" handled it fine (yeah, I know that's a cuss word here worse than the "c" word or "n" word). The Win7 crash is fixed but looks like DRM is not. At least it is progress so I'm not going to bitch too much. 480p comes down fine so episodic TV is still good. I don't require 1080p for TV shows.

I'm about as excited about Win12 as I was with Win8 on. Designed for "end users" and "phone people." Here's a novel concept: Instead of "New and Improved" why not fix what's there now.

I don't need or want forced updates. I'll choose the updates I want to install AFTER I research the issues arising from them. I will install the drivers I CHOOSE, not ones MS chooses. I prefer my hardware and peripherals actually function properly. No, do NOT collect "anonymous usage data" or "telemetry", should have beta tested longer. No, I don't want to automatically connect to every network printer, scanner and TV on the LAN. I'll do that myself as I see fit. No, I don't want a Microsoft.com login (the option to create a local account during install is buried for a reason). All the shares and mappings on my network are tied to my LOCAL login and its taken years of time and money to build the network.

I realize some people do need all that hand holding, I'm not one.

I have a Win11 box for those situations where my main Win7 workstation is not suitable. SF may very well fall into that category. I did have to scrub the stupid from the interface though, just couldn't stomach it out of the box. And the dock! Fortunately god mode still works on Win11 so I don't have to navigate umpteen freaking dialogs just to change particular system settings or contend with the search box. Bing and those horrid animated tiles were the first thing to go. It looked like an arcade when I first booted it up. My Win7 box isn't going anywhere.

The new iPhone 16 is coming! Better pre-order ASAP! It's newererer so it's betterer!!!! Text and Voice may no longer be supported by Apple on your old one.

Enough with the Win7 bashing and all this push to "upgrage". NOT HELPING and doesn't address the real issue. So you love Win10/11, good for you. If SF doesn't want to support Win7 any more, good for them. I couldn't give a **** less. My Win7 box isn't going anywhere.
                          Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Working...
                          X