audio sync problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) audio sync problem

Recently I have been having audio sync problems. It seems to be happening only with TV shows: blu-ray Supernatural (season 1, disc 1), blu-ray Dexter (starting with season 2, disc 1).

The audio is close at the beginning and gets more out of sync.

I have been using 8.1.1.8 and transcoding to mkv.h264.ac3.

I have tried without any improvement:

turning off CUDA
    2 pass conversions
    using the audiocopy setting

DVDFab 8.1.1.8 (2011/09/17 22:22:46)

Windows 7, 64 bit, Core2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM

thanks

0m 00.88s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 01.18s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0
    0m 07.55s: detected blu-ray
    0m 07.55s: drive D
    0m 07.56s: blu-ray type 1
    0m 07.56s: volume label DEXTER SEASON 2
    0m 07.59s: aacs 1 bd+ 0
    0m 07.84s: got discinfo
    0m 07.90s: got bdmv
    0m 07.92s: Vendor: HL-DT-ST
    0m 07.92s: Product: BD-RE WH10LS30
    0m 07.92s: Revision: 1.00
    0m 07.92s: Vendor specific: 
    0m 07.92s: AACS version: 1
    0m 07.92s: Number of concurrent AGIDs: 1
    0m 07.92s: Supports bus encryption: NO
    0m 07.92s: Supports binding nonce generation: YES
    0m 07.92s: Supports Hybrid discs: NO
    0m 07.94s: got agid 0
    0m 07.95s: sent host cert chal
    0m 07.95s: got drive cert chal
    0m 07.95s: BEC 0
    0m 07.95s: DRIVE_VENDOR 0x0116
    0m 08.00s: got drive key
    0m 08.45s: got host key signature
    0m 08.45s: verified drive signature
    0m 08.45s: verified host signature
    0m 08.48s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 08.48s: got bus key
    0m 08.51s: got agid 0
    0m 08.53s: sent host cert chal
    0m 08.53s: got drive cert chal
    0m 08.53s: BEC 0
    0m 08.53s: DRIVE_VENDOR 0x0116
    0m 08.56s: got drive key
    0m 08.56s: got host key signature
    0m 08.58s: verified drive signature
    0m 08.58s: verified host signature
    0m 08.61s: sent host signature and key point
    0m 08.61s: got bus key
    0m 08.61s: got volume id
    0m 08.62s: got volume id mac
    0m 08.62s: volume id is correct
    0m 08.62s: got vid
    0m 08.72s: blu-ray 72D09DC45101900F03430C255EAB74DAF97D8DF4
    0m 09.20s: cert BEE=0x00 same
    0m 09.20s: got vuk
    0m 09.22s: got unit key 1
    0m 14.13s: got extended bdinfo
    0m 14.13s: opened blu-ray
    0m 35.30s:

------ begin mobile work(1/1) ------

0m 35.31s: info: create config(5)
    0m 35.31s: info: convert profile(mkv.h264.ac3)
    0m 35.31s: info: bluray playlist(4),angle(0),chapter(1->29),3D(0)
    0m 35.31s: info: streams((4113.2)(4352.2)(4608.8))
    0m 35.31s: info: set output video frame_rate(24000/1001)
    0m 35.33s: info: subpicture preset(1), mode(0)
    0m 35.33s: info: enable multi-thread software decoder
    0m 36.36s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(51) bitrate(7458)
    0m 38.37s: info: subpicture(4608) mode(0)
    0m 38.37s: info: connect to sub render filter
    0m 40.38s: info: processing source(00004.m2ts)
    79m 34.25s: info: processing source(00005.m2ts)
    163m 03.05s: info: processing source(00000.m2ts)
    242m 45.56s: info: processing source(00003.m2ts)
    323m 40.98s: info: enable multi-thread software decoder
    323m 41.00s: info: h264_encode: encode param profile(2) level(51) bitrate(7458)
    324m 02.09s: info: subpicture(4608) mode(0)
    324m 02.10s: info: connect to sub render filter
    324m 04.12s: info: processing source(00004.m2ts)
    404m 56.62s: info: processing source(00005.m2ts)
    491m 34.68s: info: processing source(00000.m2ts)
    586m 08.46s: info: processing source(00003.m2ts)
    682m 36.51s:

------ finish mobile work ------

Hi Silver,
    Plese use the lastest build 8120 QT http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm.
    What's more, use one-pase encoding method.
    Wish it helps.
    terry5

Comment

I have had audio sync problems, in the past. All was solved by forcing the input and output fps to the same value. I had to get a program to determine the fps of input media independently of DVDFab. I think someone here told me about it... it is freeware, it is called MediaInfo, very very useful program.

Comment

Well, the joke is on me! I just spent several hours trying to fix an audio sync problem... and I finally figured it out. MediaInfo, which is normally quite accurate, was telling me that the input video file was recorded at 24 fps, so I was manually entering that information into DVDFab... and it was out of sync every time. Finally, I said what the heck, and just told DVDFab to try 29.97 fps, and BINGO! That did the trick. I guess the meta information in the video file was wrong. Just goes to show you that the answer is always the last thing you try!! And no matter how unlikely it is, after eliminating everything else, what is left, has got to be the answer!

Comment

i have tried one-pass encoding which did not help.

pawnslinger: how do you change output fps? Under DVD/Blu-ray Ripper-> Convert, I see an option to change the default framerate to "Specificied in profile" but what is the profile?

I will try the latest build

thanks

Comment

In my case, I am ripping for a specific device, so I select the profile for "iPad". Then before I hit the start button, I hit the "Edit" button next to the Profile entry (which I have set to "iPad default"). Once in the "Edit" panel, there is a dropdown menu for the fps near the lower left of that panel. I am mostly using 8.0.8.5, so your mileage may vary. If you "Open Queue", you can choose "Conversion Settings". This is, I believe, the correct method when you have multiple tasks in-queue, so you can modify the settings for each task individually.

When I first started out with video conversion software, these profile screens really puzzled me. I think DVDFab is the best though, as I have several other programs (that I use rarely) that I still haven't fully figured out.

When you are editing the settings, check out "Video Effect Settings". Playing around in that panel, learning all of its tricks will pay immense dividends. For me, this panel is what really sets DVDFab apart from the pack. If they ever dropped or ruined this feature, the program would lose a LOT of its appeal.

Comment

am using DVDFab suite 8.1.2.0
              With all versions audio sync seems so temperamental, I find it so hard to maintain any consistency. Sometimes I get sync issues, sometimes not. I've just downloaded the latest version and my audio/video sync is worse

however, this thread has given me a few ideas to work on FPS ??? ok will look at that. makes sense though since the out of sync becomes progressively worse over time. seems like over the length of a movie audio can be off as much as a second

will get back
              Last edited by Ian; 09-19-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

meanwhile..

I'm sure there is an option to keep frame rate..? can't seem to find it though. But it occurred to me, why would frame rate change?? I mean what possible benefit could there be from changing the fpm from source to rip?? I don't get it..

Don't get me wrong though DVDfab is an awesome app, I just hate having to redo days of work all because a setting changed in a profile or the audio is out of sync without any input from me.

Comment

@Ian
                  should we also publish tutorial "how to use forum"
                  To post quick reply, click quick reply icon in bottom right corner of the post...
                  Geeez
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                    But it occurred to me, why would frame rate change?? I mean what possible benefit could there be from changing the fpm from source to rip?? I don't get it..
                    In a my signature you will see friendly smile face telling you that Google is your friend. It is. Google "frame rate" or just go straight to WiKi and search there or search for NTSC and PAL - you may learn something new. And you definitely will understand why frame rate needs to be changed sometimes.
                    sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

lol I see that but why??? a quick post just became slow, guys the icon thingy is an option

Comment

Don't get it sorry... I mean we're not converting movies destined for another continent right? the movie comes at one framerate, why change it? Yes I fully understand the importance of having the ability to change fps, but why does the app change fps indiscriminately?

NTSC vs PAL I understand, but you're missing the point here.. why would anyone want to change it? lol even if they did that would be their choice, why does DVD ripper think it's necessary to change it indiscriminately?

May seem like a small thing, but after days of work ripping your newly purchased movies into your library only to find the fps is off during conversion resulting in having to do the whole job over is a little disheartening i think you have to agree..
                        Last edited by Ian; 09-19-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

@Ian
                          I'm glad you have sense of humor!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
                            Don't get it sorry... I mean we're not converting movies destined for another continent right?
                            Wrong. DVDFab is global software used by customers around the world. Most of the DVD players in US set for playback only NTSC content, and if you've got favorite movie in Europe, it wouldn't play in US. That's what brought me to this community in a first place; long time ago...

Yes I fully understand the importance of having the ability to change fps, but why does the app change fps indiscriminately?
                            Mostly it happens when source content poorly mastered and DVDFab can't read framerate correctly.
                            sigpic

Comment

Wrong. DVDFab is global software used by customers around the world. Most of the DVD players in US set for playback only NTSC content, and if you've got favorite movie in Europe, it wouldn't play in US
                              My point is: 99% of folks (I feel confident anyhow) are ripping movies from their continent.. Not taking movies destined for one continent and ripping them for another continent, just doesn't make any logical sense.. sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X