This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab doesn't work via Remote Desktop

It's the darnedest thing... I can't seem to get DVDFab 6.2.1.8 (or any other version) to work via Remote Desktop. Both systems are running Windows 7 x64. The program launches normally, but it never has a drive selected in the "Source Drive" drop down. When I manually go through and select my DVD drive, it asks me what region code the DVD is, then the status bar that indicates it is loading the DVD flashes for a second and then disappears. And that's as far as I've been able to get. Ripping a DVD when logged into the machine directly works fine. Anyone have any ideas?

It shouldn't make any difference, but I have tried installing both with and without the VSO Burning Engine.

liamlee
    Try installing the newest beta you will find it here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=4209

Also read this from one of my other posts:

I always do this for all my programs, instead of clicking run I click save then open the folder and right click and install the programs as administrator and never have had 1 problem with any install. In my own opinion I think it makes a world of difference on the install of programs.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

liamlee - I will say you are not nuts. I thought I was nuts until I saw your message. I can literially run dvd fab via remote desktop have it not find the drive. then walk over to the pc and log in locally and it works fine.

I would blame this on dvdfab but zonealarm and remote desktop dont play nice together either.

I tried the latest beta... no luck.. just for the hell of it I am installing pcanywhere

Comment

I had the same problem and found an answer in another forum. When in remote desktop, right-click on DVDFab and click on "Run as Administrator". I don't know why it works, but it does. If anyone knows why, please let us know!
        Last edited by AGJ; 05-06-2010, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X