Euphoria just died!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euphoria just died!!

Having been a user since V3 and have tried V10 on W10, I am now using Linux full time....so I thought let's try it....downloaded, installed, let's use the trial before buying....encoding less than 3 fps, no way, if I use another ripper I'm getting 30+ fps....this is an i3 laptop with 4Gb ram on Mint 18.1.

Install is fine albeit I get dvdfab.desktop (no icon) no problem, but the performance seriously sucks.

Well as an edit to the above, I installed V10 on my wife's W10 laptop, this is identical to mine, so using the same iso and ripped to mp4;

with intel gpu for h264.....300+ fps
    with gpu disabled 70+ fps

so the windows version is as good as ever...now all I have to do is to remove it from her laptop

Comment

Originally posted by geaves View Post
      Having been a user since V3 and have tried V10 on W10, I am now using Linux full time....so I thought let's try it....downloaded, installed, let's use the trial before buying....encoding less than 3 fps, no way, if I use another ripper I'm getting 30+ fps....this is an i3 laptop with 4Gb ram on Mint 18.1.

Install is fine albeit I get dvdfab.desktop (no icon) no problem, but the performance seriously sucks.
      I've been up all night tring to get this linux to work got it going. Now I downloaded dvdfab it went on fast try to register it i'm just a trial user on the windows side i paid for a lifetime hope they don't wont me to pay for linux ver. and i hope it wont be a drag ass slow deal.

Comment

Originally posted by iamtherealfrog View Post

I've been up all night tring to get this linux to work got it going. Now I downloaded dvdfab it went on fast try to register it i'm just a trial user on the windows side i paid for a lifetime hope they don't wont me to pay for linux ver. and i hope it wont be a drag ass slow deal.
        you'll have to buy a new license for the linux version of dvdfab. your license for the windows version of dvdfab won't work on the linux version.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

you'll have to buy a new license for the linux version of dvdfab. your license for the windows version of dvdfab won't work on the linux version.
          I personally would have no problem paying for a Linux version as the Windows version has been rock solid....I am tempted at trying this on another distro, albeit a machine with a P4.

Comment

I think they have some way to go. I did a simple test converting an mp4 to avi it was slow and the out put had a very broken up play back. As long as the windows version works I don't think i'll buy the linux version.

Comment

Working...
            X