DVDFab Forum - DRM removal for Audible Audio Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRM removal for Audible Audio Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DVDFab (UI/General) DRM removal for Audible Audio Books

    As a long time audio book fan, i would love the ability to backup my audible audio books to another drm free audio format and still preserve the chapters and art work etc. I have found other software that does this however they dont preserve the chapter ect, also i would be nice to have it all together in application ie dvdfab.

  • #2
    Originally posted by iou40p View Post
    As a long time audio book fan, i would love the ability to backup my audible audio books to another drm free audio format and still preserve the chapters and art work etc. I have found other software that does this however they dont preserve the chapter ect, also i would be nice to have it all together in application ie dvdfab.
    Hello,

    UPDATED: you can use DRM Removal to remove drm and convert audio books to have a try. If it doesn't work the way you want, please explain in details. Thank you.

    Regards,
    mona
    DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
    For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

    DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
    For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

    Guide for adding attachments in a post
    --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi,

      Sorry i didn't realize it could do audiobooks as well, just tried and it doesn't work with itunes 12.7.2.60

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by iou40p View Post
        Hi,

        Sorry i didn't realize it could do audiobooks as well, just tried and it doesn't work with itunes 12.7.2.60
        Hello,

        What's the phenomenon?

        Please send screenshots and dvdfab_internal.log file as well as drm_internal.log file. You can find default location in my sig.


        BTW, the topic has been moved to DRM Removal section.

        Regards,
        mona
        DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
        For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

        DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
        For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

        Guide for adding attachments in a post
        --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi Mona

          I have attached the logs as requested, When using the program i do a search under audio books and doesn't find anything. It doesn't find anything under music, however am not surprised as i dont have any of the music downloaded as i stream it.
          Attached Files

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by iou40p View Post
            Hi Mona

            I have attached the logs as requested, When using the program i do a search under audio books and doesn't find anything. It doesn't find anything under music, however am not surprised as i dont have any of the music downloaded as i stream it.
            Please download the audio books to local hard drive to try again.

            Regards,
            mona
            DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
            For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

            DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
            For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

            Guide for adding attachments in a post
            --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Mona

              Sorry it didn't find anything to convert, the audio books i have are downloaded direct from audible not though the itunes store.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by iou40p View Post
                Hi Mona

                Sorry it didn't find anything to convert, the audio books i have are downloaded direct from audible not though the itunes store.
                Hello,

                We test on our side, once download the audiobooks to local, it works.

                So,
                1, please be sure that you have marked the option for xml in iTunes settings;
                2, after you download the audiobooks to local, please check the default path and see if there are files under audiobooks folder.

                Regards,
                mona
                DVDFab log default location:
                For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log
                For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab11>Log

                DVDFab Player 5:
                For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log
                For Mac: Finder>Documents>DVDFab Player 5>Log

                Guide for adding attachments in a post
                --Please use attachment button to attach your most recent log files.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hello

                  I have been trying to convert audiable books as well with no luck. Here is what I have checked/tried:

                  1. Updates to the latest iTunes.
                  2. Checked I was on the latest version of DvDFab
                  3. Audiable books have been downloaded and added to iTunes (They play fine in iTunes)

                  basically every time I try to remove the DRM, DvdFab opens and closes iTunes several times and then throws the error ‘Process Failed!’

                  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X