This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dondaniel View Post
    how can it be that we still are talking about running the drm remover with itunes version 12.9.x...??? the solution for using actuall itunes versions was promissed 1.5 years ago!!! in this this threat by the way!
    how about someone from dvdfab telling us what is going on here?
    by the way, did buy a film on itunes version 12.9.0 but cannot whatch it as it is saying now I would need itunes version 12.10.8!!! so in other words... seems the drm remover now won't even work anylonger with the 12.9.0 version too!
    Because the company has actually abandoned this product yet they are still selling it as if it works. I honestly have more respect for a company that can admit that they cant figure something out, then a company who pretends like they are working on something and gives zero updates. I am a long time customer and DVDfab used to be my go to for just about everything but after this debacle I doubt I will buy anymore of their products. A simple, we cant figure this out right now and we have pulled it from the store, would have went a long way with the customer base....just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post

Because the company has actually abandoned this product yet they are still selling it as if it works. I honestly have more respect for a company that can admit that they cant figure something out, then a company who pretends like they are working on something and gives zero updates. I am a long time customer and DVDfab used to be my go to for just about everything but after this debacle I doubt I will buy anymore of their products. A simple, we cant figure this out right now and we have pulled it from the store, would have went a long way with the customer base....just saying.
      I don't mean to defend them because I too am very frustrated with this situation, but has anyone else figured out how to remove DRM from newer iTunes versions?

And they have had the disclaimer on the web site saying
      Code:
      Note: This software needs iTunes to work normally and as of now only iTunes ver. 12.7~12.9.0.167 are supported.
      Thankfully, DRM Remover for iOS still works for audio.

Since I purchased DRM Downloader, now StreamFab, I've been getting my iTunes movies via MoviesAnywhere links to Amazon. I just make sure any digital movies are MoviesAnywhere eligible first, then I buy and download them from Amazon with StreamFab.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
        I don't mean to defend them because I too am very frustrated with this situation, but has anyone else figured out how to remove DRM from newer iTunes versions?

And they have had the disclaimer on the web site saying
        Code:
        Note: This software needs iTunes to work normally and as of now only iTunes ver. 12.7~12.9.0.167 are supported.
        Thankfully, DRM Remover for iOS still works for audio.

Since I purchased DRM Downloader, now StreamFab, I've been getting my iTunes movies via MoviesAnywhere links to Amazon. I just make sure any digital movies are MoviesAnywhere eligible first, then I buy and download them from Amazon with StreamFab.
        Not that I am aware of, but at least an update like we are working on it OR we have put to many hours into this and we are abandoning the product. Simply still selling it as is, seems to me, to be dishonest. Im assuming through movies anywhere you are getting 1080P content?

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post

Not that I am aware of, but at least an update like we are working on it OR we have put to many hours into this and we are abandoning the product. Simply still selling it as is, seems to me, to be dishonest. Im assuming through movies anywhere you are getting 1080P content?
          I've seen others selling a DRM remover for Apple that also have the same version disclaimer. It stinks, and not ideal, but at least there are warnings before people buy it. And it does work for all of my movie purchases so far. But I haven't tried videos in about 3 months. I did do music files last week no problem.

The Amazon downloads via StreamFab are better video bit rates and audio than downloading from iTunes and removing the DRM. The iTunes downloads do usually come down with AC3 5.1 and AAC2 channel. The StreamFab downloads from Amazon are EAC3 5.1 (older movies can be 2 channel audio) and sound better on my surround system. The video bit rates from Amazon being higher gives better video quality, no compression artifacts. And not sure it's related to bit rate, but colors are better too.

Of the purchased movies I downloaded via StreamFab and Amazon, they have all been 1080p.

I don't recall getting low rez from Amazon, but some of the Netflix videos (mostly "older" stuff) have been 960x540 resolution. Even those lower rez ones still don't look bad playing via Plex on my Roku Ultra and FireTV 4k stick on my 65" Sony XB4 4k tv.

Comment

Working...
          X