Converted movies not playing in windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal for Movies Converted movies not playing in windows

Recently noticed some movies are not playing within windows after using the drm removal for apple movies, but they play fine on android device or through plex, which suggests something is not being removed from the movie correctly

Anyone else noticing this, it's not with every movie either

What are you using in Windows to play them? Do you get any error messages?

Did DRM Removal report it was successful? Does the MP4 file you are trying to play have movie art as its icon? (you will have to be sure your folder view is set for Medium, Large or Extra Large icons to see it).

I've not run into issues playing the output MP4 files using the Windows Motives & TV player, VLC, Plex and Kodi when DRM Removal has reported it completed the movie successfully, and the MP4 has art as the icon.

That being said I have had some files where DRM Removal didn't complete, the output MP4 was nearly the size of the input M4V file, and the output MP4 didn't have "art work" as its icon, In those cases it didn't play in Windows, so I didn't try it on anything else. However that situation was rare, and I haven't seen it in a while. Usually when DRM Removal fails for me now, it sticks at 0%, fails and I end up with an empty folder for the movie with no MP4 in it.

Comment

standard windows player under windows 10 - tried different devices and same - icons have the movie artwork, files are correct length - all work using plex across multiple systems, work using kodi on shield tv, work when browse from android device to server and play directly - only issue is windows

Happens with Top Gun, Kingslaive, Jungle Book and a few others, but majority work fine

Comment

I don't have any ideas. I have no problem with Top Gun, and both the animated and remake Jungle Book. I haven't tried Kingslaive, I don't own that.

So long as DRMRemoval works, I've been able to play them on Windows.

Hoppefully someone from DVDFab will see/reply to this thread, or you might have to use the support link above and email them.

Comment

Originally posted by walkerx View Post
          standard windows player under windows 10 - tried different devices and same - icons have the movie artwork, files are correct length - all work using plex across multiple systems, work using kodi on shield tv, work when browse from android device to server and play directly - only issue is windows

Happens with Top Gun, Kingslaive, Jungle Book and a few others, but majority work fine
          Did you get any error while trying to playback the output file? Please give DVDFab Player 6 and VLC a try and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

Working...
          X