Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you update DRM removal to support the newest version of Itunes? At least 12.10.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal for Movies Can you update DRM removal to support the newest version of Itunes? At least 12.10.8

Can you update DRM removal to support the newest version of Itunes? At least 12.10.8

Originally posted by Nova View Post
    I second this, it's been way too long since there has been an update for DRM Removal now, and I was the one who told them which version of iTunes was needed to work at that time.

So are we going to get an update to the latest version of iTunes sometime soon?

..It's certainly going to be needed before long. This is just one movie, I believe another is 'Scoob.'

Click image for larger version

Name:	147560983_262074715264970_1920884203365256323_n.jpg
Views:	2179
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	390374
    Are you or are you not working on a solution?
    ..or..
    Have you completely stopped supporting this much needed 'lifetime' product?

Comment

Sorry for that. There is a technical difficulty in supporting the latest iTunes version, no solution at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        Sorry for that. There is a technical difficulty in supporting the latest iTunes version, no solution at the moment.
        Thank you.

Maybe you could pass this onto the developers as it has been a very long time, over a year maybe, since the DRM Removal tool has had an update as far as I'm aware.

Comment

The Craft Legacy also requires 12.10.8 to purchase.. This list will continue growing, so we need an upadate soon.

Comment

Count me amongst those waiting for an update to this important utility

Comment

I feel like this might be the single most important update to do right now. All resources should be put into it to be first to the goal, no other company that offers this has cracked it yet. Many are looking for it. Please invest the time needed to update this great product.

Comment

Well, it seems that every new movie now requires itunes 12.10.8 or higher, so this is essentially a dead product until it gets updated. Can the company at least confirm that this is being worked on, or is it a dead end right now?

Comment

I have found that if I download a movie on a second computer with an updated iTunes version, I can copy that movie over to the machine that has v12.8.0.150 and it will accept the file. DVDFab will then work to decrypt. They closed this loop hole back in the days of Requiem so I expect it will be closed on this sometime, too.

Comment

Originally posted by FredH View Post
                    I have found that if I download a movie on a second computer with an updated iTunes version, I can copy that movie over to the machine that has v12.8.0.150 and it will accept the file. DVDFab will then work to decrypt. They closed this loop hole back in the days of Requiem so I expect it will be closed on this sometime, too.
                    Really? I may just have to investigate this. What movies have you had success with doing this with? I tried this when they first introduced this , but had no success.

Comment

I tried this and it did not work, can anyone else confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post

Really? I may just have to investigate this. What movies have you had success with doing this with? I tried this when they first introduced this , but had no success.
                        It worked for Soul and Raya, which was just released.

Comment

Originally posted by FredH View Post

It worked for Soul and Raya, which was just released.
                          Ok so what was the workflow because i tried it with "promising young woman" and downloaded it with a 12.10.XX newest version, transferred it to this computer running 12.8.0.150 and it just didnt do anything then threw a crash dump, am I missing a step?

Comment

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post

Ok so what was the workflow because i tried it with "promising young woman" and downloaded it with a 12.10.XX newest version, transferred it to this computer running 12.8.0.150 and it just didnt do anything then threw a crash dump, am I missing a step?
                            So after you copy the movie file to the machine with the older iTunes, click on File>Add File to Library and that will bring up File Explorer (assuming Windows). Find the location where you copied the movie and double click. That should bring it into your library. Attempt to play from that machine, If it plays, close iTunes and fire up DVDfab and it should decrypt.

Comment

iTunes didnt play the movie, I guess it doesnt work with this particular movie then?

Comment

Working...
                              X