Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRM Removal No longer working with iTunes 12.9.0.167 - We 'need' an update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal No longer working with iTunes 12.9.0.167 - We 'need' an update.

As title:

The DRM Removal is now no longer working with iTunes 12.9.0.167.

I didn't change anything at all, I had it stable and working with:
    DVDFab Version: 11.0.8.7
    and
    iTunes Version: 12.9.0.167.
    (Apart from it not failing with Tremors: Shreiker Island because that needs the latest version of iTunes to be installed just to purchase it, yet alone use DVDFab DRM Removal)

As everything was constantly failing (crashing iTunes), I updated DVDFab to the current version: 12.0.1.9 to no avail.

Of course I done the usual, reinstalled everything, deleted folders over and over and made sure everything was going through the firewall and authorised.

It is time the 'technical difficulties' are corrected and we have a fully working product again as DRM Removal has not been kept up to date for over a year now.

Hi,

have you looked at ITunes in the settings. There, under the advanced settings, the option "Share XML files of the ITunes library with other programs" must be activated.

For me everything works smoothly. Have ITunes 12.9.0.167 together with DVDFAB 12.0.1.9, DRM Removal 2.0.0.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrswbr1 View Post
      Hi,

have you looked at ITunes in the settings. There, under the advanced settings, the option "Share XML files of the ITunes library with other programs" must be activated.

For me everything works smoothly. Have ITunes 12.9.0.167 together with DVDFAB 12.0.1.9, DRM Removal 2.0.0.5.
      Yes. I always have the library sharing with other programs turned on, it was one of the first things I checked.

Spent a while on this yesterday and today and managed to get it working again thankfully. It seems a forced Windows update screwed up the filing system for iTunes. I used Revo Uninstaller this time as well as manually checking and it's worked.

We still need an update to the current version of iTunes, Tremors: Shreiker Island and Scoob are two movies that require the latest version to purchase, download and play.. Just two known here which I'm sure many more will follow.

Comment

please can we get an update for it to work on latest version of itunes, more titles are being released that require new version of itunes - i'm still having to use version 11 of the dvd fab as drm removal won't do anything with version 12 of the app.

are they still actively working on resolving this issue

Comment

Hi guys, we are sorry to say that we encounter technical difficulty, cannot resolve the issue between the latest iTunes and the DRM Removal for Apple at the moment.

Comment

Ok but you are still working on it? New movies are not working. Says you need the latest iTunes and I believe its because they are using the new HEVC codec to play the videos.

Comment

any update to get to current

Comment

Has anyone got there’s working, trying to do Godzilla v Kong, keeps crashing at 88% and the file is only 8.6mb? And support keeps fobbing me off, really frustrating as it was originally all working fine till updates.

Comment

Just tried Tremors 3 Back to Perfection, never changed from 0%
                  Attached Files

Comment

So, current movies known to me that require the latest version of iTunes to even purchase, yet alone download are:
                    The Faculty
                    Tremors: Shreiker Island
                    Godzilla v Kong
                    Zack Snyder's: Justice League
                    The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
                    Mortal Kombat (2021)
                    No Retreat, No Surrender
                    Gretel & Hansel
                    Justice Society: World War II
                    The Craft Legacy
                    The Suicide Squad
                    The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
                    Scoob

The latest thread is asking if we will still be able to keep and install the software for backing up a huge back catalogue of titles that don't require the latest version of iTunes, which I'd also like an answer to??

This question came up as it seems the team have now, without informing us, given up on it's development as the product now has a banner stating that it's discontinued and not to purchase it, despite being told numerous times over the past two years that they are 'working on it'.

So this is the end of the line for DRM removal tool... but the question is.. are we still going to be able to download and install it to use when we need to re-install or upgrade, or is it going to be removed from our accounts too?

Really need someone to clarify this please.

----

I'd also like to remind of you this quote:

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                    Hi, thank you for your feedback regardig DRM Removal for Apple. We are sorry for not updating this product to make it compatible with the latest version of iTunes sooner. We are planning to update DRM Removal for Apple Windows version at the end of April. Our developer team will not abandon this product, on the contrary, we are going to expand it in the future. It is currently under development. We would appreciate your patience and support.

For now, you can use an earlier version of iTunes version V12.9.0.167 to have a try, it can be downloaded using the url below, it's been tested and work well.
                    https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-...nes64Setup.exe
                    When you install this version, please make sure you don't install it in the same place as the other iTunes version, create a new folder and install it in there.
                    Well, it appears that it's likely to have been abandoned?
                    ..as it hasn't had an update of any significance since 2020, maybe even as far back as 2019.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDFab DRM Discontinued.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	404554
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by tenusesermno; 12-26-2021, 11:54 PM. Reason: Adding in Quote

Comment

Originally posted by Chrswbr1 View Post
                      Hi,

can some link me iTunes Version: 12.9.0.167 im not having anylck finding that version please help

Comment

Originally posted by lazylion View Post

can some link me iTunes Version: 12.9.0.167 im not having anylck finding that version please help

Here is the link.

Comment

Keep in mind that you're not going to actually be able to use that old version of iTunes for much
                          Movies: Almost every up to date release requires updated iTunes
                          TV shows: so far, these appear to be safe
                          The best bet is to find another way to purchase those movies, like Amazon

Comment

correct i installed it and tried drm removal didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by lazylion View Post
                              correct i installed it and tried drm removal didn't work.
                              I tried too, it didn't work for me either.
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                              X