No announcement yet.

Officially Discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM Removal for Movies Officially Discontinued?

So I know of the issues with DVDFab DRM Remover for iOS around videos (not working for movies/videos that required iTunes higher than 12.9.0.167 ), yet it still continued working for audio files.

BUT now I see a banner of "Discontinued. Do Not purchase" has been added to https://www.dvdfab.cn/drm-removal.htm and DRM Remover is no longer listed in the DVDFab site's menus.

When did this become official?

What should we expect if we need to uninstall/re-install DVDFab for any reason? (like a PC upgrade maybe?) Will we still be able to re-install it?

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
    So I know of the issues with DVDFab DRM Remover for iOS around videos (not working for movies/videos that required iTunes higher than 12.9.0.167 ), yet it still continued working for audio files.

BUT now I see a banner of "Discontinued. Do Not purchase" has been added to https://www.dvdfab.cn/drm-removal.htm and DRM Remover is no longer listed in the DVDFab site's menus.

When did this become official?

What should we expect if we need to uninstall/re-install DVDFab for any reason? (like a PC upgrade maybe?) Will we still be able to re-install it?
    Highly likely.. It's the only portion of the software package that I use these days and hasn't had an update for around two+ years now, despite all of our continued ask for an update.

A fair amount of films still rip, but more and more will not even let you purchase them, yet alone download them unless you are running version 12.8 of iTunes
    (unless of course if you're purchasing them from an iphone/ipad),
    though they will still play on an older version of iTunes.

An older version is currently required as the DVDFab team responsible for development of this portion of the software, despite being told on this very forum numerous times throughout the past two years that they are working on a solution for this to support the later versions of iTunes, seem to have given up and not even bothered informing us via email to that affect.

A few titles that require 12.8 or later version of iTunes simply to purchase, yet alone download:
    The Faculty
    Tremors: Shreiker Island
    Godzilla v Kong
    Zack Snyder's: Justice League
    The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
    Mortal Kombat (2021)
    No Retreat, No Surrender
    Gretel & Hansel
    Justice Society: World War II
    The Craft Legacy
    The Suicide Squad
    The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard
    Scoob!

The only way to find out if a movie is compatible with the DRM software in it's current form, is to log into your older version of itunes on your pc and try to purchase the film.. if you get the message that you need to update to 12.8.x.x it's not even going to let you buy it, yet alone download it and no one has nor knows of a work around, and if DVD Fab can't do it, I doubt anyone can sadly. For the films that can be purchased on the older version of iTunes and downloaded, the software is flawless... it's just a shame the team have given up and discontinuing the software.

..However I would like to still be able to keep, install and use the software for making back ups of purchases that are able to be ripped, so I await a response along with you on that one.

Comment

Mona

Wilson Wang

Can you help get a response? All along we were told it was being worked on. Now it says Discontinued on the web site, and no announcement in the forum or via email or anything else.

What should we expect if we need to uninstall/re-install DVDFab? Will we still be able to install and use DRM Remover for Apple? Or will it be lost?

NOTE: I still use DRM Remover for Apple, even with the latest version of itunes for music files just fine.
      For movies I've stopped purchasing via iTunes unless its Movies Anywhere eligible, and use MoviesAnywhere/Amazon Prime and StreamFab.

Comment

Working...
      X