Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Queue DVD Rips Using Multiple DVD Drives

How to Queue DVD Rips Using Multiple DVD Drives

You have multiple DVD optical drives and you want to rip multiple DVDs but you want to do it sequentially. This can be accomplished using batch mode. The following example shows how to do this. The DVD drives in the example below are K:\, L:\ and M:\. Change the letters to suit your configuration. The destination for rips is C:\MOVIE and it must exist prior to executing the batch file.

Create a bat file (rip.bat) with the following:

for /d %%X in (K:\ L:\ M:\) do ("C:\Program Files\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe" /MODE "FULLDISC" /SRC %%X /DEST "C:\MOVIE" /CLOSE)

Save the bat file (C:\bat\rip.bat). The bat file contains just the 1 line above.

Open a command window to C:\bat. In Vista from Windows Explorer do a shift and right click on the right pane on the batch file folder. Select “Open command window here”. Enter that bat file name in the command window.

This will execute the drives sequentially. To make this simpler create a shortcut to the bat file and place it on your desktop. When all the disks are loaded into the DVD drives double click the icon.

Please note that I have had problems with the command line interface on all recent releases. I am not sure when it will get fixed. The last release I had luck with is 6.0.4.2
Working...
X