Batch file for automatically creating an ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch file for automatically creating an ISO

Here is a small dos batch file that I use to RIP my DVD's to ISO images. I've used the command line parameters to rip just the main movie with the AC3 DTS sound track. The batch file give the destination ISO the filename based up the actual VOLUME label of the DVD.

I have two DVD drive which is why the code is duplicated twice. I've tested this under W7 64bit, but it should work under and version of windows.

Simply copy and paste the code below into your one .BAT file. You will need to change the drive letter E: and F: to match your own set up, and also the destination path "C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\ISO\" to match your own set up.

If you have any questions then please ask.

REM DVD DRIVE ONE
    rem =============
    for /F "tokens=6" %%I in ( 'vol e: ^| find /i "volume in"' ) DO (SET vole=%%I)
    echo Processing %vole%
    echo Starting Rip of Drive E:
    time /t
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe" /mode mainmovie /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/5.1&DTS" /SUBTITLE "none" /src "e:\" /dest "C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\ISO\%vole%.iso" /Title auto /outdisc dvd9 /close
    echo DVD E: Complete

REM DVD DRIVE TWO
    rem =============
    for /F "tokens=6" %%I in ( 'vol f: ^| find /i "volume in"' ) DO (SET volf=%%I)
    echo Processing %volf%
    echo Starting Rip of Drive F:
    time /t
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe" /mode mainmovie /src "f:\" /dest "C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\ISO\%volf%.iso" /Title auto /outdisc dvd9 /close
    echo DVD F: Complete
    Pause

You would also have to adjust program path.

Also i would modify it a bit, so it would be:
    Code:
    set src=e:
    set src2=f:
    set dvdfab="C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 6\DVDFab.exe"
    set outpath="C:\Users\Dad\Desktop\ISO\%vole%.iso"
    rem =============
    for /F "tokens=6" %%I in ( 'vol %src% ^| find /i "volume in"' ) DO (SET vole=%%I)
    echo Processing %vole%
    echo Starting Rip of Drive %src%: 
    time /t
    "%dvdfab%" /mode mainmovie /AUDIOTYPE "AC-3/5.1&DTS" /SUBTITLE "none" /src "%src%\" /dest "%outpath%" /Title auto /outdisc dvd9 /close
    echo DVD %src% Complete

REM DVD DRIVE TWO
    rem =============
    for /F "tokens=6" %%I in ( 'vol %src2% ^| find /i "volume in"' ) DO (SET volf=%%I)
    echo Processing %volf%
    echo Starting Rip of Drive %src2%
    time /t
    "%dvdfab%" /mode mainmovie /src "%src2%\" /dest "%outpath%" /Title auto /outdisc dvd9 /close
    echo DVD %src2% Complete
    Pause
    With this code user only has to modify the header, not the rest
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Excellent idea - especially as I actually have three DVD drives!

Comment

Working...
      X