Bad Read, Need more than Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Read, Need more than Cleaning

I saw the note on using a little soap/water if you have read problems. It does work most of the time. If you need a little more try auto wax. It helped me a few times. (I have kids) Twice I used "Mother's Power Ball" and aluminum polish to get it to read again. Use low speed and don't stay too long in one spot because you can melt the surface of a polycarbinate disc.
    Good Luck

Originally posted by mtveness View Post
    I saw the note on using a little soap/water if you have read problems. It does work most of the time. If you need a little more try auto wax. It helped me a few times. (I have kids) Twice I used "Mother's Power Ball" and aluminum polish to get it to read again. Use low speed and don't stay too long in one spot because you can melt the surface of a polycarbonate disc.
    Good Luck
    The best car wax for this that I have found is Maguire’s Tech Wax 2.0
    I was able to get a really bad DVD to rip after using it and it would also play without any skips after using 2.0 on it.
    I told my friend about this and he uses it on Netflix DVD's that will not play right.

I had tried a few other brands as I always have more then a few bottles around and this works the best.
    O and no power ball needed so far.

Comment

Cleaning

Mtveness, Z Ghost, have either one of you heard about a little machine called the SKIP DR., I bought it at FRY's far about $20.00, I've had it far about 3 years now! Its for removing scratches and things like that! It has never failed me, even on the worst of disc(movies) and you can buy replacement wheels and fliud for it! I've only replaced the wheel one time in three years, and for fiiud I use hydrogynperoxide, still hasn't failed me! Spray disc and put in machine and let it go, it will stop by its self! I've brought back some really, really bad Movies and had no trouble making backups with DVDFAB!

Comment

Working...
      X