Correcting incorrect data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Correcting incorrect data

I had the forethought to prep a hard drive and convert 900 DVD's to ISO's.

Now the drive is installed and the poster wall has been updated I notice numerous movies either have no information linked or are linked to the wrong movie (another version with the same name or something completely different).

Is there a way to update the data so that the movie displays correctly?
    How does the server lookup the movie?
    Also, I have deleted some from the drive but they still appear in the poster wall? How can I remove?

Mike

Having looked into this further I have found a solution for some of the movies that are incorrectly linked.
    The server uses www.themoviedb.org and the first film that matches the title (that is the name of the ISO) is what is used so the trick is to find an alternative title for the movie that gives the correct result as the first hit (using www.imdb.com helps find other names).

This seems to work best so far on foreign films for example:
    Amelie rename to Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

It does not always work so the UK disc of the USA film 'The Brotherhood' is called 'I've been watching you' which gives no hit. Renaming to 'The Brotherhood' gives the wrong version of the film (not the first hit) but renaming this to the German title 'Brotherhood Die Macht des Blutes' gives the correct one.

This may work for other films that have the same name but not tried it yet. For example I have both the 2000 version of 'Gone in 60 Seconds' and the superior original 1974 version.

Hope this helps

ps: I have found that when renaming ISO's or even just adding new ones you need to restart the server to kick the updating process off.

Comment

Working...
    X