Getting ISO Metedata & Cover Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installation Getting ISO Metedata & Cover Arts

My installation now has gone well. I have the box attached to my Samsung TV via HDMI and have wireless network connection.

I had formatted the 8TB hard disk I had on my PC, installed it into the movie server. It recognised the HDD and created a folder DVDFab. I then copied all the existing ISO files I had (under different folders) under the DVDFab directory. I did that again by removing the HDD from the Movie Server, connected it to my PC where the files were stored, and then copied over the files. After copying the files, I re-inserted the HDD back into the Movie Server.

I can see all the ISO files from the Movie Server menu and can play any movie.

However, when I go to the "Videos" menu, I can see blank Cover Arts for all the movies and there is no metadata attached to any of the files.

My question is then, how do I get the Movie Server to start populating the Cover Arts and Metadata from the database website it uses? It almost seems it needs a kick start of some sort to go and get the metadata for all the ISO files.

What is the video menu?
    Local video poster wall do not show films metadata? is that files not iso source?
    Last edited by Dora; 07-13-2017, 07:50 AM.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I went in and found when I made ISO files that I sent to a different drive, it made .ini files. I looked at the Movie Server files and found they had iso.meta files. I copied the data from one and pasted it to an ini file. I then edited it to have the data of the movie it was for and saved it as .iso.meta file with the same main name as the original ini file. That seems to have worked. Some movies may not have meta info, thus no image. I have many older movies and that seems to be the case with them.

Comment

Working...
      X