How do I install apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other How do I install apps?

I would like to install IMDB and Videoeta apps and access them with a bluetooth keyboard.

Hi,

For now, to install the other software, you need to download the .apk file from internet and install it manually.

For the Google Play on MS, we are checking on it.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
      Hi,

For now, to install the other software, you need to download the .apk file from internet and install it manually.

For the Google Play on MS, we are checking on it.

Wilson
      Hi Wilson,
      I'm assuming that when you say install manually you mean copy to the MS.
      Which directory do you copy it to?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

Hi Wilson,
        I'm assuming that when you say install manually you mean copy to the MS.
        Which directory do you copy it to?
        Hi,

Yes, you can copy the .apk file to MS via Windows Explorer and then install the .apk file directly on MS

Internal HDD Path: \\Movie Server IP\share\sata\sata1

MS Local Storsge: \\Movie Server IP\share\sata\sata1

Wilson

Attached Files
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

Yes, you can copy the .apk file to MS via Windows Explorer and then install the .apk file directly on MS

Internal HDD Path: \\Movie Server IP\share\sata\sata1

MS Local Storsge: \\Movie Server IP\share\sata\sata1

Wilson
          Wilson, I wish someone could please explain why I have sata2 on my HDD in the MS yet all the tech people keep referring to sata1. I keep reading that things don't work right with sata2. The MS created sata2 when I installed my HDD. I'm not alone as I have read other concerns from users who have sata2 as well.
          I will install an .afk in my sata2 directory and see if that works

Comment

Hi,

Yes, you can install the .apk file from sata2, and the Google Play will be added in next new update.

Sata2, it's caused by Windows when format the new disk on Windows system, Windows create a small partition (100MB) itself, Movie Server failed to mount the Windows partition but it's sata1, but success to mount the another big partition (Sata 2).

But you may not copy to MS from DVDFab10 now, and the problem is fixed in next new DVDFab version.

Wilson
            Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 07-20-2017, 09:34 AM.

Thanks!

Comment

I installed the Netflix apk file in the sata2 directory and it installed fine. I was able to see and use it in the apps folder. Unfortunately after getting in to Netflix I was not able to select any episodes from any series. The remote would not move over to the episodes to pick one. Not sure if its a limitation of the remote or the app not running correctly.

Comment

I installed the Netflix apk file in the sata2 directory and it installed fine. I was able to see and use it in the apps folder. Unfortunately after getting in to Netflix I was not able to select any episodes from any series. The remote would not move over to the episodes to pick one. Not sure if its a limitation of the remote or the app not running correctly.
                I also used the mouse to access the Google Play.

You can connect a Bluetooth 4.0 mouse.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

We added the Google Play Store in the new firmware update, we can download apps from here now.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

We added the Google Play Store in the new firmware update, we can download apps from here now.

Wilson
                    That is great news. Thank You

Comment

Working...
                    X