not copying iso to movie server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking not copying iso to movie server

my network is setup using wifi. the wifi and network status is connected. I can choose the movie server in the drop down list to save to but when I copy the movie the disk is copied followed by an iso conversion and then I get a network failure message and the iso is not copied to the MS
    The failure message says that the iso is saved in the dvdfab temp movie server folder however after closing the message the iso is deleted

Hi,

Originally posted by pacman View Post
    after closing the message the iso is deleted
    It will be fixed in next new DVDFab version.

I can choose the movie server in the drop down list to save to but when I copy the movie the disk is copied followed by an iso conversion and then I get a network failure message and the iso is not copied to the MS
    Recommend to connect the network via Ethernet for copying the ISO file to Movie Server.

Thanks!

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson
      I have attached some logs that may help diagnosing my problem.
      I am keen to utilize the wi fi component of the MS because using a cable would mean buying a 20 meter cable and running it through the walls and roof cavity of my house (last resort)
      I have tried copying the iso file to a usb drive and the server recognised and played the iso file. I was not able to work out if it was possible to save to the hard disk drive from the usb. this would be a handy feature to have and would solve my problem in the short term
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

20 meter, how is the Wi-Fi signal on Movie Server side?

Please try the test version, and please post the new log file if still have the problem, thanks!

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

hi Wilson
          the download sent me back a step. the test version does not recognise the hard drive in the server. I tried reformatting to no success. The hard drive is recognised by the server
          The wifi signal is very strong, the server is 9 meters with direct line of sight from my modem router. a 15 meter cable might reach once it has travelled along the floor, up the cavity in the wall, through the roof space, down another wall cavity and into the server. A 20 meter cable definitely would reach.
          I am unable to post more logs because I had no success getting to the copying stage

Comment

I tried the test version. It does not recognize the HDD at all. I tried to create a main movie ISO directing it to the sata2/dvdfab folder I pinned to win10.
            I then tried the same thing for Full Disk. Both fail with error: "Failed to burn DVD"

Comment

after the failure of the test version I attached an Ethernet cable from my computer to the movie server, the connection failed no matter what I tried. I went back to version 10.0.4.6 and still no Ethernet connection, I have no idea whether it is a software or hardware or configuration problem

Comment

I just tried the new version of DVDFAB(10.0.4.8) today. Copy to MS failed the same way. Got to step 3/3, which is the copy point and it failed to copy
                I sent the logs in via the failure message.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
                  I just tried the new version of DVDFAB(10.0.4.8) today. Copy to MS failed the same way. Got to step 3/3, which is the copy point and it failed to copy
                  I sent the logs in via the failure message.
                  how do you have the MS hooked up to your computer, wireless or wired. if wired, have you tried using the internet connection sharing option or the bridged connection option.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

how do you have the MS hooked up to your computer, wireless or wired. if wired, have you tried using the internet connection sharing option or the bridged connection option.
                    My WIN10 PC is wireless connected to my router and the MS is hardwired connected to the same router. Not sure what the 2 options are that you
                    are referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

My WIN10 PC is wireless connected to my router and the MS is hardwired connected to the same router. Not sure what the 2 options are that you
                      are referring to?
                      hardwire the MS to your PC and see if you can get it to copy that way. also there is a new update for the MS - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...t-july-21-2017 just google windows 10 bridge connections
                      Last edited by october262; 07-22-2017, 02:28 AM.

Comment

my network is setup using wifi. the wifi and network status is connected. I can choose the movie server in the drop down list to save to but when I copy the movie the disk is copied followed by an iso conversion and then I get a network failure message and the iso is not copied to the MS
                        The failure message says that the iso is saved in the dvdfab temp movie server folder however after closing the message the iso is deleted
                        my problem ended up being the windows 10 firewall stopping dvdfab10 from communicating with the movie server. to fix this problem you need to press "windows" key and "x" key at the same time, choose network connections, I'm having a different problem, allow other computers to connect to this computer, share files or folders, next, then let the troubleshooter run and if it comes back "problem with the wireless adaptor and access point fixed" you should be right to copy the iso to the movie server.
                        I may still use a wired connection to see if the process is quicker. the copy to server is between 0.8mb/s and 2.08 mb/s using the wireless method

Comment

Working...
                        X