No announcement yet.

cant get anything to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Problem/Question cant get anything to work?

I have activated my server, and got a new WD Gold 8TB drive, formatted drive NTFS. I then took all my movies from my old WD TV Live hub and transference over, (Took 3 days). I finally went to server and opened them up and I got no drive detected, ( did this when I first entered it several times then would apear) finally I went to disk and there are no movies at all except 45 min of one movie. I can't find anything on the internet to help me understand the settings, what I should do or anything. I have asked around on forums with no luck. I really need some help please, if not I will have to return this and just keep using my WD drive. Also I get multi-pall Android_FBE10 show up on network, I had one DVDFAB shown up once, I just don't understand all this that well but normally I have resources that are helpful but at this point i need real help. it asks me to choose a direct iP address with log in and file name, where do I find that? whats it talking about?

Hi,

You can move your movies to the DVDFab directory. open the path from Windows Explorer. \\Your Movie Server IP\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab

It scans the DVDFab directory in Movies defautly.

Wilson
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 07-19-2017, 07:05 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm afraid I don't understand how this works. It seems very similar to an android device I purchased on ebay to run an app called Kodi. Once my Windows 7 PC died and I replaced with with a new Windowns 10 desktop, I was not able to figure out how to find my movies that are stored on external hard drives attached to the Windows 10 PC and gave up. I can access these movies on other PCs on the network, but couldn't figure out how to configure the android device.

Not I paid 6 times that much for DVDFab Movie Server, and am having similar issues. Apparently I'm not savvy enough to set these devices up. With the old Windows 7 PC I just typed in the shared network location and all my ISO files were visible and played. Same with my laptop. But no such luck on the Android devices.

Help!

Comment

okay I am looking at my router and I have DvDfab Movieserver, Android device, Living room 1_2945 these are all from the movie hub, and looks like samsung-sm-g920a-lam as well I don't own any other android products. But i am assuming DVDFab movie server is my choice here. I get windows can not access, I hit diagnose and says it cant reach,
        if i take of the dvdfab folder part i get to sata2 si it works now typing that in but its empty

if i want to map this into network as it disappears when i leave it what do I do, and the movies i ripped go to a desktop dvdfab file, how to I change this to default media server?
        I am trying to send it from default dvdfab folder where the mkv was sent to the server and I keep getting an error. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0098.PNG Views:	1 Size:	19.2 KB ID:	338530
        Last edited by signals; 07-19-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

For some reason I have so many different DVD MS popping up from this one I got from you guys. And everytime
          i log back in one doesn't give access others do. I have so many different items pop up from server. Examples
          are shown in photo. Android is the MS, living room, sata, sata2! Is my sata1 and there are several. How do I slim this down, always have it show up and be accessible and secure? Better get what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Working...
          X