ISO or Folders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Feedback ISO or Folders?

I've built a large library of DVD and Bluray folders and occasionally have generated ISO files. I see the new DVDfab video server accepts ISO files. Does this imply that ISO is a better option than folders?
    Does conversion of movie folders to ISO files lose information that would be captured from the physical disk original? Perhaps there is a discussion thread that covers this general topic so please point me in that direction if you can. Thanks.

In my experience the MS will play either equally well, the only difference I have found is in moving them across the network to the MS folders take twice as long as iso. No idea why that should be?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Found out why the folders take twice as long, I keep them on a USB 2.0 external drive and the read speed is the choke point. ISO files I keep on an internal SATA III drive, so source drive read speed is the determining factor.

Albert Einstein

Comment

By Folders do I assume you mean TS_VIDEO?

Comment

I mean the DVD structure ripped to an HDD folder. The whole shebang.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi,

I don't want to start a new thread about ISOs, since this thread deal with ISO's, so my question:

What player plays ISO's?

Thanks
            Ish
            Last edited by Ish; 07-28-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
              Hi,

I don't want to start a new thread about ISOs, since this thread steal with ISO's, so my question:

What player plays ISO's?

Thanks
              Ish
              Hi Ish,

MS can play the ISO files, on PC, you can also use the DVDFab Media Player to play the ISO files.

Thanks!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

For our purposes ISO files are "containers" for other files - the files that make up the movie we wish to watch.

Folders are containers as well - as are ZIP files and MKV files and others.

I just opened an ISO file (using WinZip) that was created using DVDFab10. The source was a full rip of a DVD to a "DVD folder".

What I saw was the exact same set of files, in the exact same arrangement, that you would see when opening the folder.

Frederick

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi Ish,

MS can play the ISO files, on PC, you can also use the DVDFab Media Player to play the ISO files.

Thanks!

Wilson
                  Hello Wilson,
                  Thank you, sir, for the info!
                  Take Care
                  Ish

Comment

Working...
                  X