Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about The Movie Folder in MS

Hello D/Stuff

How do u place movies, or have the HD displayed movies from the movies folder!?

As I have it now -- I plug HD into external port, drop ISOs into Folders -- Plug HD into MS, located movies in folder / Sata 3!

Thanks
    Ish

One way that works is to use DVDFab10 with the destination for creating the ISO as the DVDFab Media Server.

It works for me - at least with newer, popular movies for which DVDFab has meta-data.

Frederick

Comment

Originally posted by fcwilt View Post
      One way that works is to use DVDFab10 with the destination for creating the ISO as the DVDFab Media Server.

It works for me - at least with newer, popular movies for which DVDFab has meta-data.

Frederick
      Hi Frederick,
      I still have network connection issues, so I can't send ISOs straight to the MS, to HD -- Only to the external port, and then after I'm done plug HD into the movie server .. everyone is from the local folder, tho

Thanks for your post
      Ish

Comment

Are you trying for a wired or wireless connection?

If you haven't tried a wired connection can you?

I use a wired connection and the MS connected right away and I have no trouble accessing it from DVDFab10 or Windows Explorer.

Frederick

Comment

Are you trying for a wired or wireless connection?

If you haven't tried a wired connection can you?

I use a wired connection and the MS connected right away and I have no trouble accessing it from DVDFab10 or Windows Explorer.

Frederick
          Hi Frederick

It's fix now, since Wilson (dvdstuffer) revealed that only Fulldisk / Clone are supporedt, not Main Movie (Iso)!

Btw -- Since I have read that so many folks having issues with wireless, did not even bother -- I'm connected by cable!

Regards
          Ish

Comment

Ish, You can still make a Main Movie ISO and manually copy it to the MS. That's what I do and it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
              Ish, You can still make a Main Movie ISO and manually copy it to the MS. That's what I do and it works fine.
              Do you get the meta-data file that you get when using FD/CL mode?

Frederick

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
                Hello Hunter,

I do copy main movie (iso's) manually to my HD, which is plugged into an external port, and then plug the HD into the MS ---

However, the latest MS update fixed this issue, but only supports Full disk and Clone, not main movie yet jet, that's what Wilson (dvdstuff) said!

Furthermore, with the latest update I can now see in the save-to list the movie server; But now it says that my HD is full, when it's not! Hopefully, in time all of these tiny bugs get straighten out!

ISO Movies from the MS Local folder works just fine, to be honest ... crystal clear here, audio fine tune! ---

Kind regards
                Ish

Comment

Do you get the meta-data file that you get when using FD/CL mode?

Frederick
                  This is a good question -- I've been curious for a few hours now, but I haven't yet plug the HD into the MS to find out, since I did a few fulldisk iso's ....

Kind regards
                  Ish

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post

This is a good question -- I've been curious for a few hours now, but I haven't yet plug the HD into the MS to find out, since I did a few fulldisk iso's ....

Kind regards
                    Ish
                    Well I just made a simple test using just one older DVD. I used DVDFab10 to create a full disc ISO on my computer hard drive and then copied it to the movie server folder.

It did not show up under "Movies" but it did show under the "Local" selection.

I then used DVDFab10 to create the ISO directly onto the movie server.

Now it showed up along with meta-data.

So it seems that copying ISO files directly to the movie server hard drive is NOT going to be a good solution.

Frederick
                    Last edited by fcwilt; 07-26-2017, 04:17 AM. Reason: Missing NOT

Comment

Well I just made a simple test using just one older DVD. I used DVDFab10 to create a full disc ISO on my computer hard drive and then copied it to the movie server folder.

So it seems that copying ISO files directly to the movie server hard drive is NOT going to be a good solution.

Frederick
                      Hi Frederick

Yep, same here --- Only drawback that I can't copy directly to the MS at this time, so no meta-data for me, since all movies shows up in the Local folder of the MS!

Copying directly to the MS it says HD full, when it's not!

Hopefully future updates fixes a few of these things out!

Kind Regards
                      Ish

Comment

Copying directly to the MS it says HD full, when it's not!
                        Hi,

Please install the new DVDFab and MS APK and check this problem again, fix the problem that DVDFab detect the correct free space, you can copy to MS directly now.

DVDFab: http://download.dvdfab.cn/testing/DV...3_official.exe

New MS APK: http://download.dvdfab.cn/testing/Vd...box3DVDFab.apk

How to install the APK file manually?
                        Copy the download apk file to the internal HDD or a USB drive, you can find it from Local Videos on MS, and then install it on MS.

Please post the new dvdfab log file if still have the problem.

For the old ISO files that saved on the PC, you can also copy them to the internal HDD. Please put them to the DVDFab directory. It will be scaned and displayed on Movies. But the movie cover and meta info might be displayed incorrectly if the ISO file does not have the related .meta file, for this, we will add a MS manager website to correct the meta info and movie cover later.

Thanks!

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
                        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Wilson --

-- Download both items:

and updated Dvdfab --- And updated MS via flash drive

-- I turned MS -- Launched DVDfab 10

New issues -- see screenshots!
                          The message about hard drive full doesn't displayed -- Instead when I click ISO Icon it opens the dvdfab folder that's in windows / programs, etc

Log file attached

Comment

BTW --- I click on upload attachment to post log file, but getting this:

Your file of 1352367 bytes exceeds the limit of 100000. dvdfab_internal.log

Ish

Comment

Hi,

Select DVDFab Movie Server from the save to list and click the Start button directly.
                              Please post your logs the default location is:
                              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X