Failing to boot into DVDfab Movie Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware Problem/Question Failing to boot into DVDfab Movie Server

I received my DVDFab Movie Server the week before last and had been using it for several days. I was having some of the same issues as other forum posters regarding the DVDFab software NOT transferring ISO's to the Movie Server but then ran into another problem.

I had turned the Movie Server off using it's power switch to pull the hard drive so I could reformat it and start fresh. After I replaced the HDD and turned it back on, the unit displays the 'Hello" on the front panel and the DVDfab startup and logo shows up on the screen, same as it had multiple times before. Now, after a moment the screen clears and a grey box pops up showing that Android is loading Apps. After it counts through all the Apps 'optimizing App XX of 32' it continues to show 'Android is loading Apps...' with a circle indicator. I left it alone for several hours and it never proceeded. 'Hello' remains on the front panel. Following the advice from Tech support I restarted it and left it on.... over night and then through the day. It never progressed past the 'Android is loading apps' screen.

I tried resetting the unit, but I haven't seen any instructions for the proper way to reset it. Press and hold for xx seconds? Just press and release? Press and hold while powering on? I have tried various combinations of these and more with no difference in result. I've tried with the HDD in and the HDD out. I've tried with another HDD. I've tried with the unit connected and not connected to networking. All have had the same result. What is the proper way to reset it?

Is there an emergency flash recovery option?

pressing the button on the back of the unit should reset to factory defaults.
    you might also try unplugging the unit for a while and leave it sit for an hour

Comment

Pressing on the reset button appears to do nothing. Screen does not change, no indication of a reset.

Unplugged the unit from power, reconnected an hour later, same thing. Unplugged power, left the switch in the on position so capacitors could discharge over night. Still did the same thing next morning.

Comment

sometimes you have to hold in the button on the back of the unit for a couple of seconds
        in order for it to fully factory reset

Comment

Thanks october262, as I initially indicated, I've tried multiple times in multiple ways to reset. In addition to them - press and release, press and hold for 4 seconds, press and hold for 9 seconds, press and hold until the logo screen appears, etc. Each of them multiple times just to make sure I didn't slip off the button. At no time has any of them done anything resembling a reset.

Comment

Ok, sooo nothing?

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure that why this happen to you, but I will send you the firmware and tell you how to refresh it later.

Hope it can start up after refresh the firmware.

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

if the reset button has done nothing then it sounds like MS is locked up / frozen.
                try contacting support and see what they say - http://www.dvdfab.cn/support.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Brent Scoles View Post
                  I received my DVDFab Movie Server the week before last and had been using it for several days. I was having some of the same issues as other forum posters regarding the DVDFab software NOT transferring ISO's to the Movie Server but then ran into another problem.

I had turned the Movie Server off using it's power switch to pull the hard drive so I could reformat it and start fresh. After I replaced the HDD and turned it back on, the unit displays the 'Hello" on the front panel and the DVDfab startup and logo shows up on the screen, same as it had multiple times before. Now, after a moment the screen clears and a grey box pops up showing that Android is loading Apps. After it counts through all the Apps 'optimizing App XX of 32' it continues to show 'Android is loading Apps...' with a circle indicator. I left it alone for several hours and it never proceeded. 'Hello' remains on the front panel. Following the advice from Tech support I restarted it and left it on.... over night and then through the day. It never progressed past the 'Android is loading apps' screen.

I tried resetting the unit, but I haven't seen any instructions for the proper way to reset it. Press and hold for xx seconds? Just press and release? Press and hold while powering on? I have tried various combinations of these and more with no difference in result. I've tried with the HDD in and the HDD out. I've tried with another HDD. I've tried with the unit connected and not connected to networking. All have had the same result. What is the proper way to reset it?

Is there an emergency flash recovery option?
                  Hi,

Please check your forum mssage. Thanks!

Please tell me if it works.

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you Wilson!

That did the trick, fully operational again.

After flashing with the USB, it was back to factory settings. I re-entered the initial setup, re-activated and was taken to the main menu. It then indicated a new update was available, which I installed.

Working Great!

Comment

I have the exact same problem. Wilson do I just put the firmware on a usb, plug it in and let it do its thing or is there some button sequence that needs to be pressed? BTW How this happened was I was looking for a solution to some of the videos I have getting cut off at the bottom. I set UI resolution from 1080i to 720P and it reboot and was never able to boot up again.

Comment

Working...
                      X