hardwiring movie server to computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking hardwiring movie server to computer

I have managed to set up my network wirelessly and can transfer the iso to the movie server at a rate of between 0.8 mb/s and 2.08 mb/s
    a 40 gb bluray iso would take several hours to transfer
    I feel I can get a faster transfer rate if I connect with a Ethernet cable.
    I can plug one end of the cable into the LAN port on my computer and the Ethernet port on the movie server but am at a loss as what to do from there
    anyone that can tell me the process please help

Originally posted by pacman View Post
    I have managed to set up my network wirelessly and can transfer the iso to the movie server at a rate of between 0.8 mb/s and 2.08 mb/s
    a 40 gb bluray iso would take several hours to transfer
    I feel I can get a faster transfer rate if I connect with a Ethernet cable.
    I can plug one end of the cable into the LAN port on my computer and the Ethernet port on the movie server but am at a loss as what to do from there
    anyone that can tell me the process please help
    Pacman, I'm not a networking guru by any means but I am pretty sure you will need a powered hub or router that both your PC and MS will plug into.

Comment

Yeah Hunter is right, go from your PC to the modem and from the modem to the movie server and you have a network. The modem serves as the router.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks, is there anything I have to do in settings to set up or does the wiring cover everything?

Comment

You can check DVDFab and see if it is a save to location, if not I'll give you my workaround.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

I connected the lan port on the computer to the lan port on my router and another cable from the lan port on my router to the ethernet port on the movie server. After turning off wireless and turning on Ethernet in advanced settings then turning off and back on the entire network I was able to copy an iso to the movie server at a transfer rate between 10mb/s and 19mb/s with speeds increasing at a much faster rate towards the end of the file
            Last edited by pacman; 07-26-2017, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X