Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

See SATA Drive files as Wall titles instead of just text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See SATA Drive files as Wall titles instead of just text?

Hi!

I owned a Vidon box for quite a time which I purchased with DVD Fab for a Christmas promotion. Worked pretty well except you could just put external drives and the remote work not that well.

I was excited when you lauched the DVDFab Media Server however it's not doing half what I expected.

I have hundreds of movie I exported as VIDEO_TS folders and with the Vidon box, I had the Metadata info and when I run it I had all the features the same as if I ran the DVD. I had also many other movies I just ripped from the disc to a video file.

When I plug in an EXTERNAL drive to the MS, I can choose to browse as text only or as Wall titles. Wall titles looks great and is what I was expecting.
    If I choose SATA, then I just see the FILES as text in there, no wall title Can we change this? I bought a 8 tb disc to put all my movie, but I don't want to use the internal disc as an external and plug it with USB.

How can I use my internal drive in the same way of the USB drive so I can see the Wall?

Moreover, how can the first option in the MS (FILM) could open the SATA and the External USB drive and simply show all files as the WALL Images. This is the goal for which I purchased the MS, to have all my media easily accessible with the metadata in one location, not have to switch drive or browse hundreds of file to find the right one?

Would love to put all my movies in the SATA Drive (VIDEO_TS folders, Videos Files, ISO Files) and browse through them with the Wall images feature.

Basically right now:
    1- MS will read only EXTERNAL HDD USB (it only has 1x USB input) and you can make it show as a Wall (you can have video files, .MKV, .ISO or Folders there) and all will show in the wall properly.

2- However, MS will NOT show the option to show as Wall if you select the Internal HDD. This is what I was asking for feature, just enable it for internal HDD.

3- MS, for now it will NOT show combined wall of the external HDD and internal HDD.

4- The first option (FILM) will only show ISO sent with DVD Fab. Would be great that the first option in MS (Film) shows a wall of .ISO, video files, .MKV, VIDEO_TS folders, from both the Internal and the External source.

Comment

Is anyone having an issue where all folders connected to a WIN10 shows 2 entries for each movie. I have connected to separate shared folders from my PC to the MS. It creates an entry for each
      folder under MS Local Videos. The movies then come up as a wall display. Unfortunately the movies display alphabetically in reverse order (Z-A) then starts over again (A-Z).

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
        Is anyone having an issue where all folders connected to a WIN10 shows 2 entries for each movie. I have connected to separate shared folders from my PC to the MS. It creates an entry for each
        folder under MS Local Videos. The movies then come up as a wall display. Unfortunately the movies display alphabetically in reverse order (Z-A) then starts over again (A-Z).
        Hello Hunter,

That's strange! What happens if you just delete the duplicate folder. could remedy your fix, sir?

Kind Regards
        Ish

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post

Hello Hunter,

That's strange! What happens if you just delete the duplicate folder. could remedy your fix, sir?

Kind Regards
          Ish
          There is no duplicate folder. It's 2 separate folders with different items. I've tried deleting the connection, deleting the folders and recreating the who;e thing. No change.

Comment

There is no duplicate folder. It's 2 separate folders with different items. I've tried deleting the connection, deleting the folders and recreating the who;e thing. No change.
            Hi Hunter,

Most likely u know this already, but ...

Restart PC, and then try deleting the connection again -- Sometimes windows files are operating in the background!

Kind Regards
            Ish

Comment

Hi,

We will check this ASAP, thanks!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi,

We will check this ASAP, thanks!

Wilson
                I sent an email with a photo of the screen to Dora yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post

Hi Hunter,

Most likely u know this already, but ...

Restart PC, and then try deleting the connection again -- Sometimes windows files are operating in the background!

Kind Regards
                  Ish
                  Ish, Thanks....I have restarted my PC numerous times to no avail

Comment

Ish, Thanks....I have restarted my PC numerous times to no avail
                    Hi Hunter,

Sorry to read this -- I know how frustrating it can be!

Hopefully Wilson & Company can find a solution to remedy your issue!

Good Luck, and update thread whenever u uncover the solution with result, sir! -- Curious now what could it be!

Ish

Comment

I sent an email with a photo of the screen to Dora yesterday'
                      I have been not get that mail . Sorry for the late reply.
                      Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 07-31-2017, 07:24 AM.
                      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
                        I have been not get that mail . Sorry for the late reply.
                        I just sent it again. The first message went out to you on 07/28 along with the picture of the Green Leaf I was getting

Comment

Working...
                        X