Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking Connectivity from DVDFab Movie Server to DVDFab 10

Current Scenario:

DVDFab MS Version 1.0.3 (SDK 1.0.0.2) and DVDFab (10.0.4.9) are both at latest firmware.

Both are on same router using DHCP with hardwired Ethernet connections.

DVDFab on HP PC (192.168.2.145), DVDFab MS (192.168.2.141).

Both can be seen on the routers network map.

Router is a Linksys EA9500 Tri-Band (192.168.2.1).

Network also has a WD NAS (192.168.2.130) with 16 TB storage which can be seen from network map and MS.

All of the above devices can be seen by each other and using N Map.

The MS has an internal Seagate 8 TB drive which shows up as SATA1 with a DVDFab folder.

The MS shows on my network connections as two icons, a renderer and a media server. I can't access either.

It also shows on This PC as Living Room/DVDFabMediaServer with three folders, Video, Music, Pictures. There are other folders under each of these.

I can't drag and drop anything into any of these folders.

I have tried to map to this device but it refuses a connection.

As far as I can tell, all of the options on the Movie Server are working, and it shuts down and reboots with no problem.

I have movies on the NAS that I can watch on the Movie Server with no problem and an excellent picture.

Issue:

I am sitting here with two of these Movie Servers with one still unboxed. Like everyone else, I cannot connect to the movie server from DVDFab which is why I bought them. If you have a plan to get this working, I am fine with that, but I am getting grief from the wife to send them back. I would think that you were able to talk between them at the factory during testing.
    My question, is there a plan to get this working and if so, what sort of timeline are we talking about? I really want to keep these.I think they will be as reliable as your software once the bugs are worked out.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Hi,

Please post the DVDFab internal log file, thanks!

btw, can you access the shared directory of your Movie Server from Windows Explorer?

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson,

I tried to access the share through Windows Explorer but it would not connect.

I ran the Windows Network diagnostic and it said the device would not accept the connection.

I am running Windows 10.

I upgraded the Movie Server to 1.0.4 and made sure Samba was on and tried again but got the same result.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Wilson,

I was looking at the internal log I sent you and it shows the SMB path as //192.168.2.141/share/sata/sata2/DVDFab/.

The MS shows the internal drive as sata1. The DVDFab directory shows on the sata1 drive in the MS.

I tried to attach form Windows Explorer to the \\192.168.2.141\share\sata\sata2\DVDFab but it gave the same error. (Device refused connection)

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have been doing some network testing to try to get a connection from DVDFab and the MS. I made sure that Samba was running on the MS and and on my PC and then opened a Power Shell on

my PC. When I chose the MS in the drop down window, and run netstat -b, I can see the MS try to connect and then it goes into a time_wait state and then drops out after several minutes.

Also, if I restart or shutdown and restart the MS, I have to go in and manually restart Samba. I would think this would be an automatic restart of Samba if it is checked in the settings.

Comment

@tmj1947
            Did you connect MS with Wi-Fi? From internal log, it is showing Wi-Fi mac address.
            Can you see your server on save-to dropdown list on copy mode?
            User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
            For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

The MS is connected to my network via hardwired network cable. The Wi-Fi on the MS is disconnected. Yes I can see the MS from the MS save-to dropdown list in DVDFab. I can also see all of my network devices from the new search network box on the MS. I just tried to connect and went into the internal log and it shows the share it is trying to connect to as \\192.168.2.141\share\sata\sata2, not sata1. If I try to map the share \\192.168.2.141\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab, the error I get through the Windows network diagnostic is destination resource refused the connection.

Please let me know if you want me to try something else.

Thanks

Comment

Dora,

I went into the MS and let it re-format the hard drive with the internal disk manager and now the log shows the path as \\192.168.2.141\share\sata\sata1\DVDFab. I made sure that the WiFi was actually turn off on the MS and it is still trying to connect to that MAC address. I have no idea why it is trying to do that. I have attached the latest log.
                Hope this helps.
                Thanks

dvdfab_internal.zip

Comment

I changed my network connection from Ethernet to WiFi and tried to connect to the MS through DVDFab and got the same errors as my previous post. I am also getting an SMBClient connect failure in the log file. I made sure that Samba was running on the MS. I would suggest that the SAMBA message say running rather than start when it is actually on.

I can't connect to the MS either by Ethernet or WiFi and it is becoming extremely frustrating.

dvdfab_internal.zip

Comment

I have the same problem. The MS shows up in my drop-down but I cannot select it. I can navigate via http to http://192.168.0.145:32080/mediashow.html and that works fine. I cannot access the drive through windows explorer using \\192.168.0.145\share\sata\sata1 connection is refused. This is a new drive that I let the MS format.

Very frustrating

Also trying to view the network and adding a share through search network just freezes on any SMB I choose. It will sit there for about 2 minutes then eventually just take me a screen showing ".." which I believe is up directory.

Comment

Here is my log, the first time I tried it I used Full Disk the next time I tried it I used Clone. Neither will work.
                      Attached Files

Comment

So can we get any help here? This thing is just sitting here since I got it, slowly waiting for you guys to fix stuff. Next time send out some units to beta test outside your own test lab.

Comment

So as a last resort I did a factory reset and now everything is working. I would suggest / recommend to most users who have large libraries, wait for the software and hardware to mature. Clearly updating the FW and Software does not give good results. Now that I did a factory reset my DVDFAB can connect and I can also browse shares on my local network. None of this was working for me prior to the factory reset. I wish you all the better fortune. I'm sure that eventually this will be a great product but I think we are all along for a bit of a bug and fixes ride before we get there. My advice still stands, next time put a few units in to the consumers hands while you test stuff so you can get better feedback than with the results in your own testing lab and/or circle of developers.

Comment

I did the factory reset and everything is now working for me as well. I agree 100% that there should have been an outside Beta test. I think it will really be nice once all the bells and whistles are added and working as advertised. I thank you my friend and have a great day.

Comment

Working...
                            X