Slow scanning of NAS drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

External Devices Slow scanning of NAS drive

Unless media is stored on the internal disc each time a drive is opened the contents are rescanned and you don't get a decent poster wall until it completes, even when that device/network location has already been scanned before.

If you have a hundred TV shows containing potentially thousands of episodes stored on a NAS drive you might as well never use the poster wall as it will only get displayed once every piece of media has been scanned, which can take many hours.

Could it not just present you with the poster wall based on what the MS knew was on there the last time and then update it in background?

It would also be good to have a quick navigation on the poster wall, so for example pressing the number keys takes you to the corresponding letter in the list.

This was a question I was going to ask once they fixed my Chinese posters and duplicate posters. I agree that something needs to be done. I haven't even attempted to attach to my large library yet.because of the scanning. I actually have to back out of the poster wall listing and go back in before all of the posters will display.

Comment

Indeed, you have to come out a go back in once it completes. I also see duplicates but only on a attached USB drive and not the NAS. This may be due to the USB drive containing ISO's whereas the NAS just has individual episodes as MP4's.
      I did have the pain of renaming all my TV episodes into a recognizable format (SeriesName s1e01 etc) but once done the poster wall did display nicely and the recent fix for playing TV series makes it quite nice to use, but only if you never turn the MS off again!.

I have also noticed that if the wrong TV series is used the 'matching' option to find the correct series does not seem to work. The UK 'Men behaving badly' show is displaying as the American remake and no amount of fiddling seems to get it to use the correct one. Not that it matters at the moment as the poster wall is a waste of time.

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
        This was a question I was going to ask once they fixed my Chinese posters and duplicate posters. I agree that something needs to be done. I haven't even attempted to attach to my large library yet.because of the scanning. I actually have to back out of the poster wall listing and go back in before all of the posters will display.
        For the problem "Chinese and duplicate poster is displayed" is fixed in the new firmware update. but need to clear the old data first.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi,

For the problem "Chinese and duplicate poster is displayed" is fixed in the new firmware update. but need to clear the old data first.

Wilson
          I have to say I am extremely happy to hear this. Thank you very much
          By clearing old data are you referring to a MS clear data or disconnect and reconnect to network attached drives?

Comment

As an update. I installed the latest firmware. The problem I had with Chinese being displayed as well as duplicate posters has been fixed. Thank you DVDFAB Team.

Now if you can do something about the re-scan of network attached folders that would be fantastic.

Comment

Working...
            X