Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Feedback First impression ...

Hi all,

I received the DVDFab Movie Server a few days ago. Here are my very first impressions... Before I buy, I asked a few questions here and they were promptly answered. I was impressed! But as soon as I get the server, no more answers...

GOOD POINT: Movie server is a nice machine, clean, well packed. About the performances, I can not say too much, but what I tried, through a NAS is perfect!

CONS: Big lack of documentation and poor support. This is the bad point. When you use it, find the answers by yourself or via this forum...

IMPORTANT QUESTION: Can I use the Movie server without Internet or WiFi connexion? If I have a full hard drive with movies for example or via a NAS, do I need to connect for the license?

Movie server seems to be a new product. I believe it will become better and better. This is a nice product that I was looking for a long time.

Yves,
    YMartin.com
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

Yes,MS can work without the internet,but you can not get the poster and metadata form the internet.

Comment

I understand, but the existing posters and metadatas are locally saved, no? The reason is, if I move my MS to another location (exceptionally for holidays) and if there is no internet connection...

YM
      Yves,
      YMartin.com

Comment

Last firmware 1.0.0.4 is really buggy:
        - impossible to edit TV shows
        - impossible to add manually iso files (and can not index existing files if you add iso files directly on the HD, MS do not see them)

Wait for some patches...
        Last edited by ymartin; 08-19-2017, 02:18 PM.
        Yves,
        YMartin.com

Comment

Working...
        X