File station or server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request File station or server

I am missing an app similar to "file station" in Synology DSM. Why? Running file copy from USB (connected on Movie Server) to sata with Windows Explorer is very slow because of send and receive practice to handle the process. And it is necessary to stay online during the whole process.

If I understand your post correctly, you are trying to copy files from an attached USB drive to the internal drive of the MS. Doing this using WINDOWS will be extremely slow due to all the network traffic. Instead, use the file manipulation functions in the MS itself.

From the main MS screen go to LOCAL VIDEOS. Once there, select the USB drive and be sure and select folder mode and NOT Poster mode. This should give you a file listing of the drive. Once there, hit the menu button on the remote. This should give you a pop up menu with all the standard file manipulation functions (cut, copy, paste, etc.). Using these functions you can "Copy" the desired file(s), then exit out of the USB drive, enter the SATA drive, and PASTE.

I apologize if I have misunderstood your post.

Comment

We will consider to add this feature to the DMS. thx for your feedback.

Personally,i have tested this programme.

it works fine on the DMS.

Comment

To tbrown25: Thank you this works fine :-) !
        To honeyjuice: I am glad to read this, please inform me, when available.

Comment

Working...
        X