King of the HIll DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King of the HIll DVD

I am having a problem with sub-titles on the King of the Hill season 1 DVD set. Discs were transferred from DVDFAB using clone option. During playback, I see Spanish subtitles regardless of the subtitle setting. However, it is not the normal subtitles that repeat the audio of the characters. What I am seeing is the Spanish translation of various signs and such that appear in the video itself. For instance, if the characters happen to be passing a sign that says "Eggs" in the video, the Spanish word for "Eggs" appears on the screen.

So, what you mean is whatever the subtitles settings changes. Spanish subtitles will be forced to appear on the screen.
    Do I get your meaning correctly?
    If not,can you take a photo and post here?

Comment

I've seen this before you just have to use the DVD menu and select the English version. If you're using Fab media player set it to menu mode.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

HoneyJuice: that is correct. The Spanish text appears regardless of the MS subtitle setting. Even when the subtitles are set to "off", I still see these particular ones. And, like I said, I am not seeing the translation of what the characters are saying. What I see is translations of signs and other text that appear in English on the screen as part of the movie itself. If I set the MS subtitles to "English", I get English subtitles of what the characters are saying and still get Spanish translation of the various signs and such that appear in the movie.

When playing back on the PC using DVDFAB Media Player, I do not see this. The problem appears to be with the Media Server.

I will try to get a picture of this for you.

Comment

In the Media Player select Settings/Playback/Playback Mode and select Menu Mode. Then you can set it up to play like you want.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

The forced subtitle could not be closed, the subtitle will be still shown when setting subtitle off.

For instance, if the characters happen to be passing a sign that says "Eggs" in the video, the Spanish word for "Eggs" appears on the screen.
            But from this, it seems like that it's the CC subtitle, for instancethe, subtitle will be shown "close door..." when close or open the door.

Would you please playback the DVD on PowerDVD or the Hardware player and check it?

Thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I played some of the discs from King of the Hill season 1.
              Media players including DVDFab Media Player show 3 subtitle tracks.
              One English & two Spanish.
              The second Spanish subtitle track which is #3 in the list when selected behaves somewhat like described by tbrown25.
              The only subtitles that appear are when there is a store front & one time when something was written on paper.
              I didn't see any signs that said eggs but I was skipping around to try and find places where the DVD behaved as tbrown25 described.
              IMO something causes the second Spanish subtitle track to automatically be set to "ON".
              I just played these DVDs & haven't tried to Clone them.
              I don't know why a clone DVD would play any different.

Comment

Working...
              X