4K content and another Pass-thru issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4K content and another Pass-thru issue

I've started archiving my UHD discs and most work fine, but I have noticed that Sony (passengers and Spider-Man homecoming) both won't play their Atmos tracks, it works fine if I switch to a DD 5.1, disable pass thru or if I use the PC version of media player to play the ISO's but MS just outputs silence on these discs, other content from different vendors seems to all be working fine so far.

The only other thing worth mentioning is I am seeing hiccups in video and audio though with 4K content on MS from time to time that I do not using a NUC and Media Player from DVDFab, using identical sources (loading ISO's from a NAS device).

Any potential to release the movie portal to Intel platform leveraging your media player? If not I may look into Kodi or similar integrated with your player for 4k content if it can't keep up.
    Thanks

Hi,, I think I'm experiencing the same thing as Raethien (apologies if I've misunderstood your problem). It sounds like I'm running my home theater system very similarly. I have my 4K ISO movies on my Synology server. I have an i5 7th gen NUC with Windows 10 Pro and DVDFab's Media Player. I run all of this through my Yamaha a3060 receiver (4K compatible) and my Movie Server is wired ethernet.

I can play the ISO's flawlessly running them through Media Player and the NUC (wired through the same receiver). When I run them through the Movie Server, the high end tracks as Raethien mentions (Atmos, TrueHD etc.) become unlistenable. There will be moments of clarity and many minutes of no sound at all. This happens on all of my 4K ISO's, but the one's I'm testing are Tranformers: The Last Knight and Spider Man: Homecoming. As a test, I used DVDFab to create Passthrough MKVs and they will play fine through the Movie Server.

I then took the original 4K bluray discs and ran them through DVDFab again to create new ISO's...same problem. As with Raethien, if I reduce the audio track to something less, I can watch the ISO completely. If anyone can help with this situation, I would appreciate it. Peace, BJMoose

Equipment: (Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060), (NAS: Synology DS1813+), (Home Theater: Intel NUC i5-7260u, Windows 10 Pro), (TV: Sony Bravia XBR-70X850B), (Movie Server: DVDFab)
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Recently I downloaded some 4k iso movie, HD tracks play normally by DMS.

My recevier is sony hw700ds. works well with the truehd and DTSHD.track.

and I have a mini-PC, with j3455 chip, installed windows 10, can decode 4k h265 10bit normally, but can not passthrough 5.1/7.1 audio.
      Last edited by Juice; 12-19-2017, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X