Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to view files on PC after Formatting hard drive on MP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to view files on PC after Formatting hard drive on MP?

Ok this may be something simple but i cant view the drives on Windows explorer and i am only getting a 11.1MB/s file transfer to the MP over Ethernet when transferring my movies and would like to load files on the drives with my hot swap bay. Any advice?

format the drive with ntfs. In doing so the drive is seen by windows explorer & the Mserver

Comment

If you've formatted the drive in the MS then it will not be seen by Windows 10. Shuttling to the PC will not be possible. Like eddysback said an NTFS formatted drive will work. And a wired connection to your network will be faster.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks Guys i checked to see if i had network issues and my ethernet had dropped down to 100 from 1000 and is running much better after playing around with the cables. But i may still convert to ntfs in case i need to put drive onto the PC.

Comment

You can try this software.
          ext2explore
          Download Ext2Read for free. Ext2Read is an explorer like utility to explore ext2/ext3/ext4 files. It now supports LVM2 and EXT4 extents.

Ext2Read is an explorer like utility to explore ext2/ext3/ext4 files. It now supports LVM2 and EXT4 extents. It can be used to view and copy files and folders. It can recursively copy entire folders. It can also be used to view and copy disk and file

Comment

I have an EXT4 formatted drive in mine and have mapped it as a network drive so that my PC sees it and can add movies and delete them from the PC without taking out of the MS. Just another option.
            Last edited by 90312; 01-16-2018, 09:36 AM.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X