Firmware 1012 - Good, Bad and Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware 1012 - Good, Bad and Ugly

I have not used the cloud versions. I was using the local version 1.0.1.0, but had a persistent problem with new HDD found problem so I decided to try this beta.

1. Good

- I like the skins, but think you should allow us to customize the background. Still much better than version 1010 style. I didn't get a chance to find any other good.

2. The Bad

- First MS showed some of the library and then added films I don't have. It had many movies and TV series incorrectly listed in the online Remote MS as Family Videos. I couldn't find a way to restore the correct meta info.
    - On the main menu, the function ^ key shows a new function, Rebuild Library. Te word "rebuild" is incorrectly spelled as "rebulid".
    - In an effort to fix the fouled up database, I tried the rebuild function and it didn't seem to do anything. I tried to reboot without success. I tried restoring the factory settings and then it became ugly.

3. The Ugly

- In an effort to fix the database, it lost everything telling me the database was empty and to restore/rebuild it as instructed, but there weren't any instructions. Tried to add the HDD with the RMS on line. It found the HDD under sata, but wouldn't let me add it. It looks like you have renamed the db and its folder, using a generation 3 name rather than the generation 2 name in my prior version. All the data was gone. I have over 400 DVD's and adding them one at a time was not a positive idea. I tried copying my database backup and rebooting and that didn't change anything (used both naming versions - 2 & 3). I now have a completely useless MS, so I was forced to reinstall version 1010 and am hoping I can reconstruct the database without days of work.

This version acted more like an alpha version than beta.

plz send feedback(logs) to us.

1.We will allow users to replace their own skins in later version.
    2.If you are upgrading from the cloud version to this firmware, it must be clear all the data. Because the previous residual data will lead to abnormal work.Please do not use the previous version of DMS Remote.
    3.Rebuilding library functions will erase all previous functions and trigger a restart.If you press it without any reaction, there must have been some mistakes.I will add some tips to tell the user where a problem has occurred and what to do with it.
    4.Sorry for some translation errors.
    5.Which interface prompts your database is empty, DMS Manager or TV interface?
    If it is just booted, it may still scraping. The scraping accuracy depends on the filename's name (movie name and year) and the title and year fields in the .meta file.I suggest you use filebot to manage the file name and preprocess the file so that it can be sraped correctly by any software.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

It found the HDD under sata, but wouldn't let me add it.

I'm sorry, I am not very aware of the meaning of this sentence, if detected a built-in hard drive, the path will automatically add to the library.

I think that the problem is caused by the residual data.
    Last edited by Juice; 01-14-2018, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Hi Juice,

I have never used the cloud versions. I have satellite internet service with data restrictions. It is prone to latency issues. In prior posts to Signals, I discussed the problem sending logs. MS reports an internet connection failure even though every thing is fine. If you will tell me the log names and locations, I can copy them and send via PM. I am running Win10 Pro on my primary computer and can access MS directly. I have a backup HDD with all my movies, so I can afford a little risk with the MS HDD. My prior firmware was V1.0.1.0 local only. It was generally working fine except for always finding a new HDD on power up.

The previous version of DMS Remote wouldn't work, so I logged in and used the online version as recommended. I cleared everything and did a factory reset and still had problems.

Typically, MS would boot. From menu, I would select Movies. It would begin to display correctly and then jump to another screen that I can only describe as like the movie screen with all the fields empty. A prompt would appear that the library was empty and telling me to follow the instructions from pressing the "Learn More" button. That would take me to a screen to suggest I use DVD Fab to create a library.

5. The TV interface prompts the database is empty. With DMS Manager, it shows the raw list of movies with no posters or meta info and will not correct itself using any edit ability.

----RE: Found Sata, I was attempting to edit the path to the movies. I could locate the path to the HDD and the sata directory, but could not select sata2. For instance if the true path for the DVD Fab Library is /mnt/sata/sata2, MS (On the TV and DSM Manager) would let me see the true path to stat2, but would not allow me to select that path. It would only allow a path setting to /mnt/sata/. My HDD is formatted as NTFS.

Prior to this update, my system had the database (VMS2.db and VMS2_VIDONYUN.db) in the "\\ANDROID_B9E10\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvd fab.box.launcher\files\.vidon\userdata\database" folder. Version 1012 seems to have created a new folder to store the db and a new version of the db, being 3 not 2. The new db seems to have some info stored in scraper table, but the movie table is empty.

I understand confidential information, but if you could provide some info on the db structure and use, even if by PM, I could try to track the problems.

I am willing to do the following:

1. If you tell me how to strip all the old data off MS for a clean start, I will do that.
      2. I will run filebot on the entire HDD
      2. I will then update the system again

If that doesn't work correctly, I can unmount the HDD and then mount it to see if that will work. I have about 450 DVDs on the 6 TB HDD, so scraping will take time.
      If that doesn't work, I will save the log files if you tell me which ones and then send via a PM.

Finally, do you have a system backup and restore utility?

Thanks,

Duane

Comment

I classify your problem in three aspects.

On the use of process problems, according to your description, I understand as follows
        1. After you restore the factory, turn on the computer and insert the hard disk
        2.TV interface to get the database is empty prompt
        3. Open the DMS Manager and see a poster, but scraping failed, showing the default white image of Monkey King

I think this is the problem of network delay, after a while, you can see the contents of the TV interface, you can see the Videos in the movie entrance even if the scraping fails.
        What you see from the dms interface and from the tv interface should be the same.As I said in my post, the current version lacks the prompts for use. You do not know if the machine is working or not, so you can only wait. The newer version will improve these things.I designed the rebuild media library function on TV, it's near the search button , you can give it a try.

-------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------
        Add path problem
        If you are using a built-in hard drive, and ensure that only a single partition.Under normal circumstances,it will be mounted as
        mnt \ sata \ sata1 .And this path is consistent.
        The current program for multi-partition hard disk compatibility is not perfect, it is not recommended to use this type of hard drive.

But even so, you can manually add a variety of local / network path from the dms manager,you say that you can not add sata2 path, I do not quite understand, is it sata2 shows gray?
        The current program logic is as follows, if a folder is empty, it will be processed according to the logic of the file, and the file is not a path, so can not be added, In the new version it will be modified to make sure the empty folder can also be added.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Data migration issues
        You do not have to worry about the vmdb.db database file version, the new local version unified upgrade to version 3.
        As for the data you said is missing after the upgrade, we are working on a more robust solution for data migration. The newer version will use the TMDB ID for accurate data migration

Local Server log path
        Your Box IP/share/sdcard/Android/data/org.dvdfab.box.launcher/files/.dvdfab/profile/

Last edited by Juice; 01-15-2018, 06:09 AM.

Comment

HI Juice,

I will work on the 3 classes of problems after I finish the current scraping process. I was never getting any posters and as I mentioned in my earlier post, I do believe scraping failed. I was seeing the Monkey King on DMS Manager, but not on the TV. The DMS Manager also showed the actual iso file name. I will see what happens when I finish the current process.

Path problem: When I first received MS, my HDD was sata1. I was testing with a small HDD and after basic set up, I put in a new HDD which has always been seen as sata2. I only have 1 HDD on the system and it is a single partition - NTFS GTP. What I was doing was trying to manually set a path to the HDD. I will see if this remains a problem in the future and then report details. For some reason, I don't think MS was seeing the iso files, but that seems to be fixed at this point.

Thank you for the log file path. Let me see what files exist and send them to you. Because I am reconstructing MS, it will be better to update to 1012 and then have clean log files to send you for problems I find with 1012.

Thank you,

Duane

Comment

I will let developers solve sata2 problems as soon as possible.
            The current problem:
            Only the data in sata1 will be migrated during the upgrade.
            In default, the new server will only add sata1 path to the library .
            Last edited by Juice; 01-16-2018, 03:33 AM.

Comment

About unable to add sata2 path problems

With a deeper study, we found that not because sata2 was judged as an empty folder, developer programs prohibit adding a "sata2" path,,Obviously, this is a mistake.
              on this issue, I will release a new sdk to you later.

Comment

I have changed all my movies and tv series to the format and file structure you have stated. I am still having issues with certain items and am confused about a few things. Battlestar galactica and Band of Brothers will not show up in my tv shows. I swear they are in the exact format as the other shows. I am not sure if the ms is only looking at old data or what because it still would show them in the videos section with the old format structure I had. I changed 2 of my Battlestar galactica and they showed up in the movies section and I deleted the others and tried to rescan the ms. It does not see it now at all. It has never found the Band of Brothers. My other tv shows that are iso files have correctly been placed into to tv section. Is there a way to erase the old data and start again without having to go thru and reset all the video paths for scraping? Any help would be appreciated. I can't figure out what is going on. Thanks

Comment

I am also finding that now I can't play a lot of my iso files. I have the poster and information and things, but when I click on them to play I get a blank screen. It is supposed to go to the next screen with all the movie info and the play button, but i get nothing but blank gray screen. What can I do for this.

Comment

Originally posted by tiger21 View Post
                    I am also finding that now I can't play a lot of my iso files. I have the poster and information and things, but when I click on them to play I get a blank screen. It is supposed to go to the next screen with all the movie info and the play button, but i get nothing but blank gray screen. What can I do for this.
                    Please tell me your dvdfab account by forum PM.Please also send log for analysis by our developers

Is the problem only happened with Battlestar galactica ?Please tell me the file name and file path. At the same time, I will download and test the scraping of this drama.
                    There are many Battlestar galactica in TMDB.Which one you own?
                    The Movie Database (TMDB) is a popular, user editable database for movies and TV shows.

I do not understand the blank screen, please provide a photo of the problem.The changes of dms and BD playback is completely unrelated, should not be likely to cause playback problems.
                    Last edited by Juice; 01-19-2018, 03:00 AM.

Comment

I have the bluray complete set of the new Battlestar Galactica from 2003. The blank screen happens from clicking on a movie when I list it from the movie section. I can go to my file thru the local files section and it plays fine from there from the destination file on the drive.

Comment

The blank screen happens on a lot of the ISO files that are seen by the ms. It doesn't see Battlestar Galactica or Band of brothers. Galactica was picked up In videos but after I deleted it and rescanned from the rebuild library button it has never been seen again. It has never picked up Band lf brothers a all. It is on the same path 'as a DVD file that is recognized

Comment

Oh and one other thing. My videos section now is just spinning little circles over the files on the dms page and will not apply any changes I make.

Comment

Working...
                          X