Going Forward With And After Firmware 1.0.1.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going Forward With And After Firmware 1.0.1.2

There are some pretty good points here on this board after the install of firmware 1.0.1.2 and they seem to be on point with each other that have stayed current with all the recent firmware updates after 1.0.1.0, one word –“fits”. I have recently gone back to firmware 1.0.1.0 after trying for days to get 1.0.1.2 to work (“fits” there's that word again) but I see I am not alone. It took me a few days of ignoring my wife to get things back to where it was after going back to 1.0.1.0, not sure I want go down that road again and I’m talking about dealing with the Mrs. not the Movie Server. After spending much time with learning myself around the Movie Server and spending time on this forum searching for answers, I finally got my Movie Server where I’m pretty much satisfied and happy with it. All my early problems went away through much work with it, not everybody is having the same problems and I understand this with their server but mine seems to be working really, really good now with 1.0.1.0. Not having any serious issues, so why should I change!! If there is a change with no options coming up, what happens after the official release after firmware 1.0.1.2? For those of us who are not having any problems with what they have and with the firmware they are using can they keep using the old firmware 1.0.1.0 with the understanding that DVDfab development will not support it anymore with any current updates? That seems to be a problem with some but I’m not sure how it really will affect me and what I’m happy with using now. So my point…..I’m reading from posts on here, this new firmware is a “deal breaker”, a “show stopper”, “forced to use”, I can understand the sour grapes and feeling it, I think it’s all in part of letting the customers know if they have options going forward with this server. To know the issues with a new firmware release and post the problems with it makes the release okay? Why are we doing this after the fact!!

I think most of us are upset because it was billed as one thing and advertised to be able to work with android apps, and so on. So far it has not delivered on anything. I have a HTPC and this. The HTPC uses software that everyone in the world knows and it works awesome. Adding tv shows, movies and even apps. AND can be done within the program itself. I believe most of us expected a finished product that was similar if not better doing all of what I have just listed. My big reason for buying was its ability to play blu ray menus. I assumed it would be able to do all of the other things just as easy and why it can't do all of this within the app on the ms itself is ridiculous. One long press on the enter button while on a movie should bring up a menu that allows us to search for movie info. Having to log into a computer somewhere else and then login to a website is about as far away from how I expected this to work as possible. One of my main reasons for this was to be able to NOT have to use a computer. To get rid of the HTPC. I had assumed it would be able to download android versions of many apps I use. Nope. Netflix, Amazon, and many other don't recognize it. I can log into them but they don't work. Nothing plays. So my idea of getting rid of my HTPC to have only one box to do all of my entertainment for my theater has been a complete failure. This box has so much potential and puts out a great picture and is very quick. Why can't the software be complete before it was sold. We have been used for product development and have been through countless hours of fixing, and doing the same thing over and over. This has got to stop. I am to the point of going back to my HTPC until this has software that does everything without causing me to have to go back and REDO things over and over. To much wasted time.

Comment

Working...
    X