No announcement yet.

ALready impossible to add series...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other ALready impossible to add series...

Hi, It is still impossible to add series. I have the complete series of Hercule Poirot, 13 seasons and I can not manage them, it is a total nightmare.

Actually, the only way is using the file system: "Local Video", SATA Hard Drive 1" ... and browse, which is really not convenient.

Is anyone can help me with that?

Yves
    Last edited by ymartin; 02-20-2018, 04:47 PM.
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

Hi,

I keep all of my ripped content on a NAS device. Using my browser to access the Movie Server "Smart Library" I added the path to the folder on the NAS where the content is stored.

Following the recommendations on how to organize my content I have Movies in one folder called "Movies" and TV Shows in another folder called "TV Shows".

In the "TV Shows" folder each TV Show has it's own folder. In that folder each Season has it's own folder.

The movie discs are all ripped using the DVDFab "Main Movie" option to ISO files.

The TV Show discs all are ripped using the same option but each episode is ripped to its own file using the naming convention "TV_Show_Name sXXeYY" where XX is the two digit season and YY is the two digit episode.

The "Smart Library" has been successful in finding the metadata for all of my disc to date and it adds that information to the Movie Server in a fashion that results in a nice "Poster Page" interface.

Frederick

Comment

Originally posted by fcwilt View Post
      Hi,

I keep all of my ripped content on a NAS device. Using my browser to access the Movie Server "Smart Library" I added the path to the folder on the NAS where the content is stored.

Following the recommendations on how to organize my content I have Movies in one folder called "Movies" and TV Shows in another folder called "TV Shows".

In the "TV Shows" folder each TV Show has it's own folder. In that folder each Season has it's own folder.

The movie discs are all ripped using the DVDFab "Main Movie" option to ISO files.

The TV Show discs all are ripped using the same option but each episode is ripped to its own file using the naming convention "TV_Show_Name sXXeYY" where XX is the two digit season and YY is the two digit episode.

The "Smart Library" has been successful in finding the metadata for all of my disc to date and it adds that information to the Movie Server in a fashion that results in a nice "Poster Page" interface.

Frederick

Hi Frederick,

This is what I did, but not on a NAS, on the internal SATA hard drive and I still have the same issue. I've deleted the library, restart the device, etc... same issue plus my titles are still in Chinese even if I have the last firmware v1013.

Yves
      Yves,
      YMartin.com

Comment

How did you get your movies onto the internal drive?

When I first got my Movie Server they didn't support using external devices like my NAS. So I put a few moves on the internal drive but I recall that I got them there using DVDFab itself.

If you don't have a NAS to try you could perhaps setup a shared folder on your computer for test purposes to see if movies put there end up correct. You would of course have to add the path to the shared folder to the "Smart Library".

Frederick

Comment

Working...
        X