Static and stuttering on Dolby true HD playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Playback Static and stuttering on Dolby true HD playback

Hi, I did a test clone of a few of the newer Star Trek Movies that I own using DVDFab copy. One was copied to an ISO, the other was copied to a folder structure.

Both of these are on my server.

During playback I start to hear clicks and pops and the audio breaks up. It happens after a few minutes of play. and when it happens it seems to get worse and worse. If I pause & resume, the issue appears to go away.

Has anyone experienced this? It has me wondering if the disks on the server are able to keep up, or if it is something else completely.

I'm going to copy them to the tiny drive I have on the Fab box, which should isolate it to either network/disk, or an issue with the files themselves.

If anyone else has seem this, I'd be curious what you did to fix it.

I had that happen a while ago and it ended up being the discs I rip my iso images from. I started using better discs to copy my movies onto and it never happened again.

Comment

I copied it from my windows server to a usb drive attached to the fab server and it appeared to go away.
      I will need to watch the movie in full to confirm it /never/ happens, but it would seem the server disks aren't fast enough.

Comment

Working...
      X