Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clone/Burn vs Full Disc mode, is there an advantage for DMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Clone/Burn vs Full Disc mode, is there an advantage for DMS?

Hi, Is there a "Best" way to convert my Blu-rays to .ISO files for use with the DMS?

Space consumed isn't a concern. I just want a 1:1 copy of the Blu-Ray.

It looks like Clone mode creates an ISO that's an exact copy of the original Blu-Ray in the least amount of time, is there any downside to this?

"Full Disk Mode" supports DMS as a target, which is a nice convenience, but it takes much longer. Is there something else it's doing that would be important for DMS?

clone is an exact 1;1 copy of the original disc. if you were to burn to disc you'd need to have the same size disc as the original as no shrinking is involved. full disc is the entire disc minus the copy protection and can be shrunk to fit on to 25gb discs and can save space by choosing to remove HD audio. or choose main movie.
    Last edited by october262; 02-26-2018, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Doesn't the clone mode also remove the copy protection? There is a checkbox to leave it protected, but my assumption is that if it's left unchecked, the protection is removed.

My main goal is to use these with DVDFab Movie Server, is there any advantage to using clone vs Full if I'm keeping all the audio and video?

Comment

Clone does remove the copy protection. Using either one would be fine
        for the DMS.

Comment

Basementjack, it doesn't matter either way if you left the copy protection checked or unchecked. If you are sending your movies to the DMS to watch, I believe the DMS does not respond to the Cinavia watermark in any mode you choose to send your movies to it, if that's what you are asking. Burning it to a disc is where the concern comes into play.

Comment

I disagree, Clone does NOT make an exact copy of the disc. Most of the blu-rays that I've clone are slightly smaller in size than the original disc AND are missing some titles &/or tracks. As an example, I made a clone of the disc A Simple Favor. When I compared the titles of the disc to the clone using DVDFab Player 5, the clone was missing some titles, and also showed the length of many titles as 0:15 where the disc showed 1:56.

Comment

I disagree, cloning does NOT make an exact copy of the disc. My cloned copies are usually smaller in size than the original disc and missing titles/tracks. For example, when I cloned the movie A Simple Favor, the clone was 2GB smaller than the original disc, missing several titles & when I compared the list of titles between the original disc & the clone using DVDFab Player 5, the clone showed many of the titles to have a length of 0:15 when the original disc showed a length of 1:56. I haven't done any sort of comparison of the original disc to the Full Copy, maybe I'll try that next.

Comment

Working...
              X