Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to scan TV Shows or missed movie/TV Shows... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to scan TV Shows or missed movie/TV Shows... ?

Hi,

Since day 1, I have trouble to create my TV Shows. I follow the complete instructions describe here " From DVDFab Movie Server Team How to properly name your media files for DMS

But THIS DOES NOT WORK!

I have the complete series of "Hercule Poirot", 13 Seasons, with 70 series on 46 blue-rays. I will use this example for the next points. They are all copied in iso with DVDFab 10 in mode "Full Disc". I've renamed the files as described previously. I keep the metafile and add the info for the series (DVDFab set them in movies!). I'm using the last firmware update 1013.

1: First: DMS is unable to find the series and put them in the "Videos" directory (from the web interface (https://forum.dvdfab.cn)), but they are all in the directory "TV Shows" (but they are physically in "TV Shows" on the Internal SATA Hard Drive of the DMS)!
    2: I scanned and rescanned using the feature in the DMS to find the missed files without success.
    3: I finally found a way using the option "Fix Match" in the /Videos directory to force and find the right series
    4: Now I can see a part of the series in the web interface but they are not on the DMS, even after a restart
    5: But some files are not there! Serie 1 is incomplete, series 2 and 3 are not there!
    6: The only way to find the series is using the menu "Local Video" on my TV... like we did 20 years ago via a file system...

Because some files are hidden from the DMS or unable to find them... How to RESET all? A Scan or Rebuilt Library is totally inefficient here.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

YM
    Last edited by ymartin; 02-27-2018, 08:57 PM.
    Yves,
    YMartin.com

I tried also, the "Edit Library" function allows you set directory paths and set the type of content but that didn't really help either. I'm just giving up until they get some kind of fix released! They need a Movie only scraper and a TV Show only scraper, then anything not picked up by those should go to video for the end user to 'fix". Then have a way to move between categories because a movie that subsequently gets turned into television series would be problematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Edit Library.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	350356

Comment

Working...
    X