"New hard drive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"New hard drive"

Every time I turn the ms off, it tells me there is a new hard drive in it when I turn it on. Is this normal? I'm still on v1.0.1.0.

Believe for V1.0.1.0 that is normal, for V1.0.1.2 a fix came out for that issue. Check out the release sticky from Juice for V1.0.1.2. I was using a solid state drive and it was still doing it, so I'm not sure the issue was because my drive was slow starting up.

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll deal with it for now until a better firmware is released.

Comment

I am on version 1010 and have not seen this behavior.....

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
          I am on version 1010 and have not seen this behavior.....
          Think it’s depended on a couple of things if this happens: 1-What type of drive you have. 2- How many movies you have and keep putting on the HDD. (Noticed as my HDD had more movies on it, over 300 it only started) 3- If you delete any ISO movies files from the hard drive and turn the unit off (doesn’t matter, either main power off switch or remote power off). I am assuming this issue has been duplicated with the DVDfab team is why it was addressed in V1.0.1.2, this issue does exist in V1.0.1.0. – I just answer ‘NO’ I do not want to refresh my hard drive, over 800+ plus movies is a lost and long process when it doesn’t need to be done, only case it needs to refresh is if you in fact add or delete any ISO movies files to and from the HDD. By the way answering ‘Yes’ to a new HDD wipes out all your metadata and greys them out as new wall posters, very painful if you have over 800+ movies to update, even if they fixed this problem completely I think V1.0.1.0 has gotten a lot better at making sure all your metadata is correct after it refreshes, it’s a slow process but everything works untouched afterwards.

Comment

Working...
          X