1.0.2.0 is Terrible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.0.2.0 is Terrible!

Updated to 1.0.2.0. It has lost nearly all the metadata for everything and cannot find it from TMDB.

I have everything named as specified

movie name (year)/movie name (year).iso

tv name (year)/series xx/tv name (year) - SxxEyy - info.mkv

I can find my movies using the name on TMDB myself, but my DMS can find only a fraction of them. When I try to 'fix match' it does not find the movie/TV series at all.

The developers must have tried really hard to make this worse than 1.0.1.3

So, after a factory reset and doing a large number of 'fix match operartions it is starting to show stuff properly again.

However it still can't show all the episode of some tv series - even ones that are named in the same manner and in the same directory as ones it does find.
    It still can't 'see' Randall & Hopkirk (1969) and continues to add 6 episodes from that to be displayed as the 2000 versio instead and completely ignores the other episode.
    It is still making terrible choices about matching films to TMDN
    Is hows TV episode (in folders marked as TV) as films with completely nonsense name (e.e. Nighty-night Behind the scenes is shown as 'The Time of The Doctor' in movies, as are several other things, and there is no way to tell it that it is a TV show.

other issues too, but have to go to work and have spent my breakfast trying to fix this.

So disappointed.

Comment

Again with Nighty night: It shows Season 1+2 (each with only one episode) on the dms.dvdfab.cn end of things, but only series 2 on the DVDFab box itself.

I am really wondering whether this is worth it any more.

Might as well buy a cheaper and better streaming box and a NAS.

I am a software engineer of many years experience and would be ashamed of delivering something of this low quality.

Comment

What I don't understand is this: Why, when I have a movie in a file called 'Personal Services (1987).iso' in a folder called 'Personal Services (1987)' does DMS think it is a movies called 'Personal Shopper' from 2016.

Well, I can tell you - and it is a bit sad. (the next bit is a bit technical so bear with me)

If I send in a search to TMDB for Personal Services (1987) using the following request (api key blanked of course)

It returns

{
        "page": 1,
        "total_results": 1,
        "total_pages": 1,
        "results": [
        {
        "vote_count": 13,
        "id": 44201,
        "video": false,
        "vote_average": 6.1,
        "title": "Personal Services",
        "popularity": 1.76517,
        "poster_path": "/u7oeI6sP9okdtkZ2QygOssGhNpJ.jpg",
        "original_language": "en",
        "original_title": "Personal Services",
        "genre_ids": [
        ],
        "backdrop_path": "/rGpY61zOW5ApyyZEnvVRBi6wJ4a.jpg",
        "adult": false,
        "overview": "The story of the rise of a madame of a suburban brothel catering to older men, inspired by the real experiences of Cynthia Payne. The story follows Christine Painter (Julie Walters) as the down-at-heel waitress who, with the help of prostitute Shirley (Shirley Stelfox) and cross-dressing Wing Commander Morten (Alec McCowen), seeks to up her earnings by turning her suburban home into a brothel. Before long she and her girls are chaining up judges, spanking Generals and attending to the needs of Honourable Members. Christine sees herself as providing a vital service to these harmless pervs and when finally the house is busted and the case comes to court, it's fair to say that the presiding judge isn't unfamiliar with her work.",
        "release_date": "1987-02-12"
        }
        ]
        }

Which is completely correct, and what I want. However for some unintelligible reason DMS chooses 'Personal Shopper' - Why? I mean the name doesn't even match right!

Even if I leave off the years in the search

I still get the right result

BUT if i just search for just 'Personal',

I get back thew following

{
        "page": 1,
        "total_results": 163,
        "total_pages": 9,
        "results": [
        {
        "vote_count": 388,
        "id": 340676,
        "video": false,
        "vote_average": 6,
        "title": "Personal Shopper",
        "popularity": 9.513128,
        "poster_path": "/jDOWYDmJvGkVkVHf7Ru66gy6ry8.jpg",
        "original_language": "fr",
        "original_title": "Personal Shopper",
        "genre_ids": [
        ],
        "backdrop_path": "/i46GYmtFfumxJrBAuvk72twBJ3C.jpg",

... rest of response omitted ...

So thew answer to my original the question is this:
        Given 'Personal Services (1987)' DMS searches for just 'Personal' and chooses the first result, which, unsurprisingly is wrong.
        This is not good at all.

It has taken me less than an hour to see find out why. I'll tell you what - why don't you open source you scraping software and we can all help you make it better.

If you do that, tomorrow I might find out why TV shows don't work properly over breakfast.

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for this to trouble you.

Please post the log files here and send your account of the DMS to me via forum message.

Please also list the file name which have problem.

Log Path: zip the whole directory and attach the zip file here.

\\DMS IP\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvdfab.box.launch er\files\.dvdfab\profile
          \\DMS IP\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvdfab.box.launch er\files\.dvdfab\userdata\database

And I will forward your analyze to our dev, thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

The problem that the movie "Personal Services (1987)" is not listed when fixing match is fixed.

Thanks!

Wilson
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

The Personal Services issue is NOT fixed.

I have posted these mismatches to te correct post

My DMS IP Address: 192.168.86.250
              Too many and not enough time to grab pictures

Name: Personal Services (1987)
              Location: /mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/Personal Services (1987)/Personal Services (1987).iso
              Shows up as 'Personal Shopper'

Name: Hands of the Ripper (1971)
              Location: /mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/Hands of the Ripper (1971)/Hands of the Ripper (1971).iso
              Shows up as 'Hands of Steel' - cannot be corrected through fix match

Name: Hawk the Slayer (1980)
              Location: /mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/Hawk the Slayer (1980)/Hawk the Slayer (1980).iso
              Shows up as Jack the giant slayer - cannot be fixed with fix match

Name: Ken (1964)
              /mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/Ken (1964)/Ken (1964).avi
              Shows up as Kenny

Name: The Beast Must Die (1974)
              Location: /mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/The Beast Must Die (1974)/The Beast Must Die (1974).iso
              Shows up as the Beastmaster

Name: The Hound of the Baskervilles (1978)
              Location: /mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/The Hound of the Baskervilles(1978)/The Hound of the Baskervilles(1978).iso
              Shows up as the Hound of the Baskervilles (1959)

Name: The Trap (1966)
              Location: /mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/Movies/The Trap (1966)/The Trap (1966).iso
              Shows up as Tramwaj

Name: Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) (1969)
              Localtion: /mnt/sata/sata1/DVDFab/TV Shows/Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) (1969)/Season 1/Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) (1969) - S01E01 - My Late Lamented Friend and Partner.mkv
              All 26 episodes show up as the 2000 version - very wrong

Please let me know when this is fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                Hi,

Sorry for this to trouble you.

Please post the log files here and send your account of the DMS to me via forum message.

Please also list the file name which have problem.

Log Path: zip the whole directory and attach the zip file here.

\\DMS IP\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvdfab.box.launch er\files\.dvdfab\profile
                \\DMS IP\share\sdcard\Android\data\org.dvdfab.box.launch er\files\.dvdfab\userdata\database

And I will forward your analyze to our dev, thanks!

Wilson
                I do not have these folders on my DMS, is there another place to look?

Comment

I have approximately 1800 movies on my server all tagged correctly. With 1.0.1.3 they all showed up with very few exceptions as movies with correct metadata and posters. After upgrading to 1.0.2.0 only 157 show up as movies the rest as videos with no metadata. The incompetence of your programmers is astounding. I have a Mede8er 1000x3d that scraped the metadata and posters perfectly. Maybe you should hire their programmers since they are no longer manufacturing a media server.

Comment

Having just upgraded I was interested to see if the scraping errors I reported in the sticky were now fixed. Well I should have guessed really but no change (even after a library rebuild). All reported match errors still exist either with the same issue, matched to something else or no longer matches anything, so probably not worth updating the sticky.

What I will say is though that these constant issue with the scraper don't really concern me as I don't use the dms this way.
                    1) I tend to know what I want to watch and navigate to it directly.
                    2) I don't have TV shows on the DMS but on a NAS that I navigate via DLNA on the TV to watch (I learnt a long time ago that the dms is far to inaccurate and slow updating from the NAS where they are are stored).
                    3) If I really want to look at all my media in a 'pretty' fashion I just use kodi (which works perfectly) either on the dms or a separate android tv box.

So as a device for playing movies it works perfectly for me with no issues and good quality but as a media manager it's pretty hopeless.

If the DMS was ever changed to have kodi (or a custom variant) that supported passthough audio I might change my tune as this is accurate, fast to update and above all quicker to navigate,

Comment

Originally posted by DDoyle View Post
                      I have approximately 1800 movies on my server all tagged correctly. With 1.0.1.3 they all showed up with very few exceptions as movies with correct metadata and posters. After upgrading to 1.0.2.0 only 157 show up as movies the rest as videos with no metadata. The incompetence of your programmers is astounding. I have a Mede8er 1000x3d that scraped the metadata and posters perfectly. Maybe you should hire their programmers since they are no longer manufacturing a media server.
                      Hi,

Please do the rebuild library and check it again, thanks!

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Wilson,
                        Whatever you did, for the most part, fixed the problem. I still have some movies showing up as videos, but I'm manually updating them. Hopefully I'll have them all fixed by the end of the day. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi,

The problem that the movie "Personal Services (1987)" is not listed when fixing match is fixed.

Thanks!

Wilson
                          Wilson.Wang even though you said this last week this is still not fixed, and neither are ANY of the other bad matches I have reported. Can you please explain what is going on?

Comment

Originally posted by piercer View Post

Wilson.Wang even though you said this last week this is still not fixed, and neither are ANY of the other bad matches I have reported. Can you please explain what is going on?
                            Hi,

You still could not see the post when fixing match with keyword "Personal Services"?

Wilson
                            Attached Files

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

You still could not see the post when fixing match with keyword "Personal Services"?

Wilson
                              Wilson,

when I try to fix match for 'Personal Services (1987)' the correct movie is not in the search results. So, no I cannot see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X