1.0.2.0 installed and first comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.0.2.0 installed and first comments

It only saw about 21 of my movies. Another 360 showed up as video files.
    I performed a rebuild and most are back. It takes a while to go through them all. I feel for those with a large number of movies.

Some observations.
    1. It dropped the collections again. I really feel the need to group movies. IE: James Bond movies. Having them together instead of spread out through the whole library list makes things cleaner.
    2. We still do not have the extended movie description back. Haven't seen this for a while but it was nice to have.
    3. I would still like to have Additional options from the main title screen. Options that tie back to directories under the DVDFAB directory on the internal disk drive.
    That way I could store children movies in a separate directory and make it easy to access from the main screen. Right now you have movies, tv shows and favorites.
    Children and maybe new or wife would be great.

Heck, I may just go back to 1.0.1.0 and leave it. It works well, just limited on features

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

Heck, I may just go back to 1.0.1.0 and leave it. It works well, just limited on features
    That's what I'm doing. I have no problems staying on 1.0.1.0.

Comment

Yep... Went back to 1.0.1.0 and things are stable.

1.0.2.0 was more stable than the previous upgrades of 1.2 and 1.3
      I was able to get it to scrape most movies correctly but without collections it's just too messy

I'll wait for the next version and test that

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

Some observations.
        1. It dropped the collections again. I really feel the need to group movies. IE: James Bond movies. Having them together instead of spread out through the whole library list makes things cleaner.
        2. We still do not have the extended movie description back. Haven't seen this for a while but it was nice to have.
        Those are all good observations:

Especially the dropping of the collections in 1012, 1013 and not bringing it back in 1020. That is what I like the most about 1010. I don’t have that much TV series, so I not feeling some of the pain dealing with it that others are experiencing. But I do have a lot of movie collections that are bundled and it does make it a lot easier having them in one folder than randomly spreading them out where ever the MS decides to put them, it’s a lot easier the way 1010 handles movie collections. I have 31 movie collections where James Bond movies are the largest at 25 movies. With 1012 & 1013 it was tough finding all of them with only 8 really showing up as posters, the rest disappeared? Would like to see them incorporate collections back into an update and the extended movie description also as noted. They took the extended movie description away after an update with promises it would be coming back, three updates later with no sound of it coming back.

Really trying to figure out what is going on with all of these updates. Looks like they outsourced the whole development team who wrote 1010 and they burnt all their information as a template to pass-down for future updates. Not much is the same after 1010 and this new team doesn’t appear to have the basic core of the original platform. Changing things up and saying it’s for the better is a bunch of crock.

Now that 1020 is out, every day I get that there is a new update to install on my MS. Thanks but I know this but I don’t want it, so I wish there was a way to turn off that nag because sooner or later somebody in my house is going to press the ‘Update’ tab since it’s the first highlighted tab as soon as you turn the server on, instead of tabbing over to press the ‘Cancel’ tab, can see that happening already. Have the 1010 flash standing by on the ready!

Comment

Down2Earth
          Out of curiosity I did a count of my collections. 47
          Without having collections that adds 150 additional movies to the list in 1.0.2.0
          Just entirely too much to sift through.
          I feel for those with a 1000 movies

Comment

Working...
          X