Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving Up Now :-(

So sad...

I recently received one of these machines and have been trying to make it work with my movie collection. Unfortunately, it cannot recognise about 10% of my movies and there is zero way for me to manually correct these - either it won't find a match for fixing (even though a simple search of TMDB will find exactly the right movie) or it will find a match and then SHOW A SPINNING ICON FOREVER. It wont recognise about 50% of my TV shows and wont allow me to manually fix it. I cannot manually add posters and I cannot manually change the names. I have reported this using the correct forum but nothing has happened and Wilson.Wang does not seem to want to answer questions any more.

The software is so flakey and the support so unhelpful that I have to move on. Can anybody recommend a 4K UHD box like this that actually works.

Is there any way to get a refund for my purchase? I am within 30 days of purchase, and it is not fit for purpose, but I am in the UK and I bought this from overseas.

Hohum, you live and learn.

I would try going back to v1.0.1.0. before you quit. I'm staying on that until it's proven any new versions actually work. All my movies, over 800 are scraped properly and 37 out of 38 tv shows.Only the Ron White shows has no poster. I'm happy right where I'm at.

Comment

We are trying our best to improve DMS, please give us another chance to fix it.

Please PM your account e-mail, and I will push it.
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Just my 5 cents : you are wrong in the turn you have given to your product. You see DMS as an add-on to the dvdfab ecosystem. Besides the fact that the cloud based system is just not nearly close to ready...holding to this strategy will IMHO make you fail. It is close to impossible to accurately represent movie and private video libraries which will suit the needs of everybody on a one-size fits all cloud platform & editor. You have several movies which have been released differently according to region and market and even in one region you have several versions. You should know that better than anyone as it is a cornerstone difficulty of decryption.
        You assume that people are gently ripping and filling their DMS through dvdfab but sorry to say you are under a wrong assumption. People have existing libraries they have organized and spent much time to organize according to their needs. Your cloud based system will not be able to reproduce every need even once you have ironed out the massive problems you have right now. Come on there's nothing wrong to admit it but you struggle with it.

The DMS was and is a good idea but IMHO you have to develop it as a standalone media player and not as a dvdfab ecosystem add-on media server/player.
        - Go back to 1.0.1.0 and work on the technicalities (sound and picture) which already has a solid ground
        - Give local edit ability back and let people edit, add and configure their library like they want (ie open-up categories)
        - Stop this cloud setup as the source for errors is just massive...everybody who has just a little knowledge of IT knows the difficulties and source of problems such a setup has.
        - If you still want to hold on to it...stop beta testing with all your users. Develop it, test it, beta test it with a closed user group..

I have stopped using DMS. My favorite remains the regular HTPC. There is not a single box out there which works flawlessly and I tried dozens.

But I can only recommend to your devs to have a look at the new Theater Wall 2.0 Zidoo has made. It's brilliant and it's by far the best posterwall now and is working at over 95% solid...also the player and picture/audio quality is great. It's realtek based so it's different to Hisilicon but it's certainly one of the best box on the market right now. The posterwall is all local with a brilliant LOCAL web editor.
        Last edited by eddysback; 04-17-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

yes . i would say make everything local and make it compatible with kodi .nfo

Comment

Piercer,
            I agree with others in this thread. Firmware version 1010, while far from perfect, worked fairly well. By naming the files per the forum instructions and making sure the metadata files are correct, I have gotten correct poster information for all of my movies and TV shows except 1 (Kung Fu 1972 didn't scrape correctly for some reason, but was easily corrected using the local WEB interface in 1010).

Again, I agree with the folks in this thread. DVDFAB should go back to 1010 and start from there, dropping the cloud interface. No one wants a unit that is dependent on a constant internet connection as well as a vendor's servers to function. .

Comment

I agree with eddysback, really good and sober comment. Go back to 1010, and keep the editor local.

With the 1010 it recognised 95% of my movies and TV series. With 1020, it is around 85% of the movies and 10% of my TV series.

Where do I download the 1010 version? I browsed around a bit, but could not find it.
              I would like to downgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by eddysback View Post

The DMS was and is a good idea but IMHO you have to develop it as a standalone media player and not as a dvdfab ecosystem add-on media server/player.
                - Go back to 1.0.1.0 and work on the technicalities (sound and picture) which already has a solid ground
                - Give local edit ability back and let people edit, add and configure their library like they want (ie open-up categories)
                - Stop this cloud setup as the source for errors is just massive...everybody who has just a little knowledge of IT knows the difficulties and source of problems such a setup has.
                - If you still want to hold on to it...stop beta testing with all your users. Develop it, test it, beta test it with a closed user group..

But I can only recommend to your devs to have a look at the new Theater Wall 2.0 Zidoo has made. It's brilliant and it's by far the best posterwall now and is working at over 95% solid...also the player and picture/audio quality is great. It's realtek based so it's different to Hisilicon but it's certainly one of the best box on the market right now. The posterwall is all local with a brilliant LOCAL web editor.

+1

Great post, 100% agree with you, Cloud is rubbish, Local is THE WAY TO GO as proved with 1010. I have been looking on the Zidoo forums and it seems to be prety much sorted, plenty of updates and it seems they listen to the users requests for sure.

Listen to your users, before they all get fed up and leave and move on to another unit, Remember bad news travels 10 times faster than good.............

Comment

Originally posted by lamster View Post

+1

Great post, 100% agree with you, Cloud is rubbish, Local is THE WAY TO GO as proved with 1010. I have been looking on the Zidoo forums and it seems to be prety much sorted, plenty of updates and it seems they listen to the users requests for sure.

Listen to your users, before they all get fed up and leave and move on to another unit, Remember bad news travels 10 times faster than good.............

Yes, I'm now looking at the X10 as a replacement for my DVDFab - looks pretty good.

Comment

Dear all,

DMS only use Cloud for library management, it works fully local after library is created.

We will provide update before this weekend, please wait.

Best Regards,
                    Fengtao
                    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

"it works local after the library is created".....That's very true...the sole important word in it is AFTER .

To have a correct posterwall the DMS needs to :

1. establish unique user accounts in the cloud
                      2. create (sync) the user's library in the cloud
                      3. needs to then scrape movies without too much errors (based on file names) and populate the cloud libraries of the user
                      4. needs to provide the cloud-based editing tools to the user if required to correct scrapping errors of above nr. 2
                      5. sync back the library with posters to the DMS locally.

And ALL this needs to be repeated and WORK flawlessly EACH TIME the user makes the slightest change to its library. (add / remove / movie or edit a local link to a source file for example).

The only local thing in the DMS is a snapshot of the cloud library

Once again if the cloud for what ever reason is unreachable the DMS will remain stuck in the library state he was last syncronized.

Really wishing you all the best. Hopefully you can fix it in the next firmwares because as per now neither of the steps above work without errors and reading through all the users posting their problems in this forum you can attribute pretty much clearly where from 1-5 they are currently stuck or have issues.

Anyway I definitely stop posting now and will remember DMS as a pretty good initiative which since 1.0.1.0 clearly doesn't fit my needs and, looking at the decided development direction, never will...

Take care

Comment

I too would wish that you would g
                        o back to 1010, and keep the editor local. Without our changes and corrections and artwork kept locally the box is kind of useless.

Comment

WOW - things are getting worse - ​​​​​​Personal Services (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/442...sonal-services) has now completely disappeared from my library, even though it is on my hard disk at

/movies/Personal Services (1987)/Personal Services (1987).iso

So since reporting the mismatch on this match error forum it has got worse rather than better :-( Disappointing

Comment

Working...
                          X