Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feedback

Well first its obvious your not listening to your user base which is sad, outside that:

1) 4K media played from a NAS worse than ever buffering every 5 minutes or more, then gets so out of sync you have to stop the movie. Note that my mini-pc plays them just fine if I sap it out using the same cables as the MS. MKV or ISO
    2) Had an internet outage, the box did not handle it well all my content was missing, had to wait 2 hours for it to 'refresh'
    3) Someone else posted recently the same thing I had mentioned months ago, you are missing a huge opportunity for integration with DVDFAb, copying it to the server is 'ok' but if the MS doesn't know what the heck it is then its useless, generate metadata files for ripped content that MS can identify and save us the pain.
    4) TV Series management is still terrible
    5) please bring back movie 'collections' I want star wars to be grouped, harry potter to be grouped, underworld to be grouped etc.
    6) I haven't tested the Atmos bug mostly due to issue #1

Thanks,

Raethien been waiting to hear something from you about these updates, it’s been awhile. I do like reading your posts because you seem to hit the mark, never read anything you posted that didn’t hit the mark. Precise and always enlightening. Glad to see you still hanging in there and back on the board.

I also had an internet outage for three days, had lost power too but when power was restored after two days I was able to watch all my movies, my wall posters and the metadata stayed intact for days with no change without power or internet connection but that was with 1.0.1.0.
    Last edited by Down2Earth; 04-20-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I find it interesting that DVDFab acts like they value and want our input into how the software would best suit our needs and then never seems to act on it. Puzzling.

Comment

Originally posted by Raethien View Post
        Well first its obvious your not listening to your user base which is sad, outside that:

1) 4K media played from a NAS worse than ever buffering every 5 minutes or more, then gets so out of sync you have to stop the movie. Note that my mini-pc plays them just fine if I sap it out using the same cables as the MS. MKV or ISO
        2) Had an internet outage, the box did not handle it well all my content was missing, had to wait 2 hours for it to 'refresh'
        3) Someone else posted recently the same thing I had mentioned months ago, you are missing a huge opportunity for integration with DVDFAb, copying it to the server is 'ok' but if the MS doesn't know what the heck it is then its useless, generate metadata files for ripped content that MS can identify and save us the pain.
        4) TV Series management is still terrible
        5) please bring back movie 'collections' I want star wars to be grouped, harry potter to be grouped, underworld to be grouped etc.
        6) I haven't tested the Atmos bug mostly due to issue #1

Thanks,
        Interesting, I did not have issue #1 at all. Watched 2 4K movies since the update (both iso) and they never buffered. Everything else, I concur.

Comment

Regarding #3, perhaps everyone already knows this, but here is something I have found...

I transfer movies to the movie server almost exclusively using DVDFAB. I discovered quite by accident that, if you fill in the meta information in the DVDFAB software, then it will create the ISO with the correct naming convention, in the correctly named folder, and also create a metafile with the correct data for scraping.You do NOT have to upload the information to DVDFAB servers, nor fill out everything. For movies, you need only select MOVIE and fill in the name and date as found in themoviedb.org. For TV, select TVSHOW, fill in name, date, disk number, season number, and episode(s). Under 1010, this has given me the correct poster information 99% of the time. I suspect it will work under subsequent version also, but then the scraper in those version does not work nearly as well, so no promises there.
          In any event, at least your files will be named correctly and metafiles have good info in them.

Comment

Down2earth,
            Thanks, I've got lets just say a lot of years developing and maintaining software for small to top 100 companies, I've been there done that, digital audio compression algorithms , satellites DSP, to mundane corporate apps and business intelligence (what I do these days). I understand the switch in momentum due to turn over, been there done that, but even then we still made the existing product better while working on the new. If we had this much negative feedback about the direction and didn't adjust our direction we wouldn't be in business. It only takes one bad product to erode trust in a company.
            Given that I love the concept of the server, I have a lot of 4K content and hate getting up to load discs for my home theater and I really want it to work rather than running an HTPC, but at this point honestly if they were to make a media center front end for their Media Player in TV Mode I would switch and ebay this thing if not use it as a door stop.

Lgandros,
            It only occurs for me on really high bitrate discs, for example I have probably 60 4K discs and 300+ BlueRay and a 300 or so DVD's in my collection, I don't think a single DVD or Bluray fails, of the 4K discs its probably 20-30% that don't work. I have made the same ISO and MKV from the discs using 2 other competitor products and this week I will try redoing the problem discs with DVDFab's own product to see if it goes away. My simple problem disc is Lucy $K, its very consistent where the bitrate spikes and it all goes south, and 50% of the time it requires a bounce of the box. I know the iso amd mkv's are good as DVDFab's own play will work with a laptop connected to the exact same cord and hdmi cable (in place swap) just fine, but obviously there is differences in the code one being windows and the other Android.

Comment

tbrown25,
              My issue is that I don't want to save the files on DVDFAB MS, I want them on my NAS (40TB), I haven't tried but is there a way to get it to behave in the way you described but point to the DVDFab folders on the NAS to get it 'mostly' right?

Thanks

Comment

Can't say as I've tried that.I don't believe you can get the automatic naming and metafile creation to work unless you transfer to the MS itself. Guess you could transfer to the MS then move the files to your NAS afterwards, but that is a lot of transferring. Probably easier to just rename the file per their standard after sending to NAS.
                Don't know if metafiles are used by the MS when located on a NAS, But if you create a metafile yourself using the same name as the video file (just leave the disc id field blank) the MS does use it when located on the MS. Maybe that would work on a NAS as well.

Comment

Working...
                X