How about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other How about...

Ok, I have a question or a feature request.

First off I want to say that I rip my DVD/Blu Rays for television shows as individual MKV files per episode, and use the file naming per the required xxx - s01e01 - xxx...

These files show up mostly correct on the movie server. recently I started doing my first season of GOT, it seemed to rip ok, I have good files that I can play. the problem is that they have no posters showing up, I can edit them and see posters to choose from, but they never show up after I have chosen them, not on the poster wall of the server, not on the web management site either. I can play them, just no posters shows up.

Now for the request. with the first season there are a whole bunch of bonus featurettes, I have tried naming them as specials, as s00e01... these always end up on the video group, not the TVShow group. I would like them to show up under the TVShow group with their television show.

I would also like to place a screen capture from these specials as the poster, but when I try to do that it either gives me an error in chinese or it just ignores whatever I have chosen from local files.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

hi, Shaggy6977

About your problem:

Originally posted by Shaggy6977 View Post

These files show up mostly correct on the movie server. recently I started doing my first season of GOT, it seemed to rip ok, I have good files that I can play. the problem is that they have no posters showing up, I can edit them and see posters to choose from, but they never show up after I have chosen them, not on the poster wall of the server, not on the web management site either. I can play them, just no posters shows up.
    Please provide all filepath of your GOT season one, I will check the posters problem

About the feature

Originally posted by Shaggy6977 View Post

Now for the request. with the first season there are a whole bunch of bonus featurettes, I have tried naming them as specials, as s00e01... these always end up on the video group, not the TVShow group. I would like them to show up under the TVShow group with their television show.

I would also like to place a screen capture from these specials as the poster, but when I try to do that it either gives me an error in chinese or it just ignores whatever I have chosen from local files.
    There are two point :

1. All bonus featuerttes need to be on the TVShow Group, and we also need make the filename rule of these videos
    2. If not the default poster, need allow user select his image as the poster.

Please check the 2 point is what you want ? I will add it to DMS todo list.

Thanks.

Comment

I have already posted about the special episode issue and they already exist on tmdb
      https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...492#post352492

Comment

and I summed it all up yet again here

What can we expect to be fixed, what will we need to do after we update? Here are the current issues since 1020 just that I have posted: 1. No way to scrape

Comment

Originally posted by Logandros View Post
          and I summed it all up yet again here

What can we expect to be fixed, what will we need to do after we update? Here are the current issues since 1020 just that I have posted: 1. No way to scrape

Thanks

Comment

I posted about this weeks ago - nobody listened. Shaggy6977 You'll be lucky if anything changes

Comment

Originally posted by piercer View Post
              I posted about this weeks ago - nobody listened. Shaggy6977 You'll be lucky if anything changes
              I have add it to the TODO list.

Comment

I did something like this under 1010 for the "Kung Fu (1972)" TV series.
                I name the pilot using the S00E01 nomenclature as that is how it is listed in TMDB. It successfully put a SEASON 0 poster under the main collection, but did not scrape the episode 1 video capture. Not sure if the video clip problem is generic (would do this for any series) or specific for the KUNG FU series. That series seems to give the scraper headaches for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post
                  hi, Shaggy6977

About your problem:

Please provide all filepath of your GOT season one, I will check the posters problem

About the feature

There are two point :

1. All bonus featuerttes need to be on the TVShow Group, and we also need make the filename rule of these videos
                  2. If not the default poster, need allow user select his image as the poster.

Please check the 2 point is what you want ? I will add it to DMS todo list.

Thanks.
                  Here is the main GOT path:
                  \\ANDROID_982510\share\sata\sata2\DVDFab\TV Shows\Game Of Thrones

below that we have these folders:
                  \\ANDROID_982510\share\sata\sata2\DVDFab\TV Shows\Game Of Thrones\Extras and Specials

\\ANDROID_982510\share\sata\sata2\DVDFab\TV Shows\Game Of Thrones\Season 01

\\ANDROID_982510\share\sata\sata2\DVDFab\TV Shows\Game Of Thrones\Season 1

the Season 1 folder has all the extra featurettes where DVDFab stuck them when I ripped the disk.

and they were named by dvd fab as:
                  GAME_OF_THRONES_SEASON_1_DISC_2.Title291_1.mkv instead of what I named them like...
                  Game of Thrones - 0xSpecial 1 - Inside Game of Thrones.mkv
                  Game of Thrones - 00x04 - Complete Guide to Westeros - The History of the Night's Watch (Jeor Mormont).mkv

as far as your two points, Yes that sums it up.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Comment

Thanks for your information .

Comment

Working...
                    X