Showing movies from all HDDs not just the installed unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing movies from all HDDs not just the installed unit

I have two identical HDDs. They are formatted by the DMS because that is the only way it will recognize them. I have movies (over 300) on one, and I just transferred all my Christmas shows to the other. I powered the DMS down and removed the HDD (the right way, power off, open the door, remove, insert new HDD, power back on). Now it shows me the Christmas movies on the HDD I removed.

I restarted DMS again. It shows Christmas movies in MOVIES, but if I select ALL, it shows all the movies from both HDDs. How do you get it to show only the HDD that is installed without having to Rebuild the Library or delete cache every time? It seems if it is made to swap HDDs, they should be able to write a file to the HDD about what is on that drive. If I have to rebuild my library each time, it wipes the many custom scrap I had to do because they were not correctly read.

I cleared the history, too.

Thanks

Everyone may not agree with me, I pull it when power is on and when other drive is inserted it says new drive found, do you wish to scan. If you say no there will be no poster wall, if you say yes it scans your drive and makes new poster wall. I know this is properly not what you wish to hear, somebody may have another solution.
    With me it is tv series; apparently they can't duplicate my problem.
    Viking lost down under

Comment

I would not mind if the server shows the posters for all the movies, regardless of which HDD they are own, IF it were to tag then with a disc ID so you could tell which movies were on which HDD. Or, at a minimum, when selecting a movie for playback that is on a HDD that is not inserted, it should pop up a message asking you to insert the correct HDD.

Comment

Originally posted by stitch0852 View Post
        How do you get it to show only the HDD that is installed without having to Rebuild the Library or delete cache every time? It seems if it is made to swap HDDs, they should be able to write a file to the HDD about what is on that drive. If I have to rebuild my library each time, it wipes the many custom scrap I had to do because they were not correctly read.

Thanks
        sititch0852, I have ran it into this problem earlier and have asked the same question. Doesn't seem right that it populates every HDD and supposed to be hot swap- able but it does exactly that-repopulates. Didn't get an answer either. Post here:

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...ted-hard-drive

ejm- like that idea you noted and would need to try that to see if that works.

tbrowm25- that sounds like a good fix that would work for hot swapping out new HDD. Tagging HDD with an ID per content is a good idea but your wall will still be populated with all your wall posters from every single HDD that you have and every single movie you put on each of those drives. If it was just me using the movie server that would be practical but if you have a bunch of HDD with different movies on them I really don’t won’t the kids or the wife hot swapping HDD out of the movie server because it says the movie isn'’t there on it. Just show the content on the HDD that’'s in the server.

Rebuilding the library every time you put in a different HDD with different content on it has been my fix though, I do have to fix maybe like four wall posters after (not so much), so I see where stitch0852 is coming from.
        Last edited by Down2Earth; 06-04-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Well, my current HDD has over 350 movies. When trying to edit them with the correct scrap information, due to the quantity I assume, it takes forever to load the list into the browser. I cannot image how much longer it will take when I have three HDDs with 350 on each drive and it tries to load all 1050 of them!

Comment

I have about 900 movies and 230 TV series on 1 drive. I usually do it over night as I know it takes around 12 hours to do.
            Viking lost down under

Comment

I have since gone to using 5 different HDDs and have over 900 movies, about 30 custom videos, and About 30 TV series. Still have this same question. Now it is time consuming to scrape each time a HDD is installed, not to mention I have multiple shows the scraper does not do correctly.

Also, why is the scraper using DMS so anal about having the correct year? Through the browser, I can omit the year and it will scrape and find. If I try that in DMS it wants it to be the EXACT year of the show with all punctuation or it will not find it.

Comment

Working...
              X