Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMS v1.0.3.1 Beta is out! Please try it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From DVDFab Movie Server Team DMS v1.0.3.1 Beta is out! Please try it.

Dear DMS users:

Thanks for the tests and feedback on v1030, now we are happy to present DMS v1031 Beta for you to help us test.

Note:

if you download this update and using USB to install, please follow the steps below.
    OTA update is open too.

1. The download information:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl-dvdfab/d...update1031.zip
    MD5: C42729B584C2366A35AE8D75983B536C
    SHA1: 981223774AF33CE7BC13557A5BE2F809625319D1
    CRC32: 2EC87951

This version needs to updated by USB, below is the guide for how to update by USB:
    How to manually flash the firmware of DVDFab Movie Server?

Step 1 > Download the firmware, rename it to update.zip, then copy it to the root directory of any USB flash drive;
    Step 2 > Connect the drive to Movie Server, and go to Settings -> About -> USB Update;
    Step 3 > Choose the drive, then you will see Android robot showing up in the display, wait until the firmware is flashed;
    Step 4 > Once the firmware is flashed, you can then use the Movie Server again.

When Update this version, If you have installed the V1030, just try update the library, and the more early verison please rebuild the media library.

2. Major Feature Changes

2.1.Fixed the playback problem of 4K UHD sources, when stored on NAS
    2.2 Fixed some Collections problems, like some movie not be correctly put into the Collections
    2.3 Fixed some scraping problem for TV
    2.4 Fixed the problem of some TV series are scraped as Movies
    2.5 Other minor changes

3. Known issues

3.1.When DMS are do the scrape locally and write the data to the database, Opening the Movie or TV maybe very slow, need wait some time
    3.2.When rebuilding the library, If there are not any internal Disk, and there is a Network path in the library, you will need to manually trigger the update process (see the capture for the controls).
    3.3 Failed to connect server, when there are huge count of movie and TV

About these problem will be fixed in the future release version, like v104x.
    Last edited by ting; 07-05-2018, 03:40 PM.

I'm happy to report that the new firmware shows the "edit" button on the DMS so that I could match the correct poster and metadata on only 3 incorrect movies. Previously with 1.0.3.0 I did not see the "edit" button on the DMS. Scraping capability is definitely getting better. The one issue remaining is that the Web Manager shows a spinning circle for the 3 corrected movies I updated locally on the DMS. I now feel that I have scraping capability that is comparable to what I had with 1.0.1.0.

The Collection function still does not work for me on 1.0.3.1. With 1.0.1.0, I had The Alien Collection, The Blade Runner Collection, The Crank Collection, and The Raid Collection. I don't mind not having the Collection function as I consider the improved scraping and editing locally on the DMS more more important to me. Kudos to DVDFab for making even further improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by gpman View Post
      I'm happy to report that the new firmware shows the "edit" button on the DMS so that I could match the correct poster and metadata on only 3 incorrect movies. Previously with 1.0.3.0 I did not see the "edit" button on the DMS. Scraping capability is definitely getting better. The one issue remaining is that the Web Manager shows a spinning circle for the 3 corrected movies I updated locally on the DMS. I now feel that I have scraping capability that is comparable to what I had with 1.0.1.0.

The Collection function still does not work for me on 1.0.3.1. With 1.0.1.0, I had The Alien Collection, The Blade Runner Collection, The Crank Collection, and The Raid Collection. I don't mind not having the Collection function as I consider the improved scraping and editing locally on the DMS more more important to me. Kudos to DVDFab for making even further improvements.
      Thanks for stating that the collection function is still not there. Scraping has been working pretty well for me and collections are very important to me.
      I'll wait for the next update hoping that it will be there. I may still test 1031 so I can give feedback as the remote browser has been extremely slow for me . Then revert back to 1010 which is pretty stable and has the local web connection.
      Last edited by Hunter1955; 07-05-2018, 02:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
        I may still test 1031 so I can give feedback as the remote browser has been extremely slow for me . Then revert back to 1010 which is pretty stable and has the local web connection.
        About the problem of remote browser, we are working for it.
        the local web connection, I think that feature will come back ....

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for this new Update. Before I try to install and test it tonight, is the scraping in French language now working ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mophi View Post
            Hello,

Thank you for this new Update. Before I try to install and test it tonight, is the scraping in French language now working ?
            hi, now we support French language, but maybe some movie info in French is missing, and we are working for this part

thanks.

Comment

Hey Ting,
              The NAS issue is not resolved, I will admit the opening sequence played smoother than ever, but not too far in it buffered, and recoverd, then buffered again, then goes into slo-mo mode, where no audio and video is running at about 4 frames a second like it always does, the exact same file on the exact same lan runs perfectly with DVDFab Media Player.
              If you want any diagnostic information etc. let me know, I have tried both ISO and MKV files, the easiest and quickest to reproduce this is Lucy 4K it will bugger out to total uselessness in under than 6 minutes
              Last edited by Raethien; 07-05-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raethien View Post
                Hey Ting,
                The NAS issue is not resolved, I will admit the opening sequence played smoother than ever, but not too far in it buffered, and recoverd, then buffered again, then goes into slo-mo mode, where no audio and video is running at about 4 frames a second like it always does, the exact same file on the exact same lan runs perfectly with DVDFab Media Player.
                If you want any diagnostic information etc. let me know, I have tried both ISO and MKV files, the easiest and quickest to reproduce this is Lucy 4K it will bugger out to total uselessness in under than 6 minutes
                hi, Raethien

Thanks report .

We have test some UHD source in Windows SMB server, Synglog ,QNAP, many of the source can be played smoothly, and there are a few source have some problem, I think this is the special source problem, so we will continue work for it, and we also will try the Lucy 4K.

thanks again .

Comment

i have a small opening clip from the movie The dark-knight , that bank robbery scene (1080p , m2ts) and cannot watch ..very slow ..and it is running from usb3 ssd external hdd.

Comment

Ting I have about 40 UHD discs I will start going through them to see if I can find a pattern, but I know the ones that have hiccuped had high peaks in data rate right when they started crashing.

Comment

Okay, this upgrade has put my unit into an 'L C R' Loop (Language, Connection, Registration). The units display is stuck on 'HELLO'. After answering those 3 selections my screen shows the DVD FAB Logo then goes right back to the L C R screens. Now what? I have gone back to 1010 to use the system.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mini Info.JPG Views:	1 Size:	67.2 KB ID:	356611

Comment

I got it to take 1.0.2.1, but won't take 1.0.3.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Eye View Post
                          I got it to take 1.0.2.1, but won't take 1.0.3.1.
                          hi, Dead Eye

I am not sure what is your problem, what your mean is you cannot upgrade to v1.0.3.1 ? there are any error report for this ?

Comment

Yes, my unit will not take the upgrade to 1.0.3.1...it just loops. After I answer those 3 screens( Language, Network Connection Type and Registration) after which it shows the boot logo and comes right back to those 3 screens. I had to go back to 1.0.1.0 then, then try 1.0.3.1. Been through that 3 times and stopped. The unit notifies me of the update, which I cancel because of the instruction to update via USB, which I have tried on all 3 tries. It was after I wrote the first post that I tried 1.0.2.1 and it took. My desire to use the unit is what is preventing me from anymore attempts at the new version.

I guess this post serves as the error report.

Comment

Hi, anyone else having this issue with the scraper in V1.0.3.1. Whenever I add a new movie that is unrecognized by this update and by the scraper or I try to fix the movie meta updates with a movie called "P" (see attached) and I can't change it. I tried a factory reset and library rebuild on this newer version, but only gets worse, more movies switch to "P" when they are unrecognized. Any ideas on how to fix this on V1.0.3.1? Appreciate the assistance.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X