Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DMS v1.0.3.1 Beta is out! Please try it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If good, today I sent to your incident center, a message that yesterday update to v1031, and today the player was turned on normally but did not send signal to the TV monitor, I changed the HDMI but nothing, after many attempts I got the signal, and thanks to this I have gone back to v1030.
    After changing to the v1030 I have turned off this several times and back to work correctly, I will continue testing and inform you.

regards

Comment

Hi, I confirm that the problem I reported caused the update to v1031, in the v1030 it works correctly.

regards

Comment

Originally posted by ACLA2016 View Post
        Hi, I confirm that the problem I reported caused the update to v1031, in the v1030 it works correctly.

regards
        thanks report this problem, we will check it first.

Comment

Originally posted by ACLA2016 View Post

regards
          1. We check the control code about the HDMI connect, we not did any change from v1030 to v1031
          2. We failed to reproduce this issue as followed steps on version 1031:

* run box as normal
          * make sure box works ok
          * reboot box
          * make sure box works ok
          * repeat above steps 1~5 20 times

So there is very strange for your problem, maybe need more test to repeat it .

Comment

Ting,
            I have had similar issues as well with my HDMI after patching, in most cases rebooting after an upgrade a couple of times has fixed, or I had downgraded, just so you know it may not be isolated.. Mine is connected to an Anthem AVM60 and a Sony Projector but I don't think it matters what the other side of the cable is in this case, its more like a bad state or config after patch/upgrade is the behavior I have seen. Going in and not using the auto frequencies and selecting specific ones is what I did another time.

Thanks

Comment

Dear developer team, Here is my feedback: Last week I made the OTA update 1.0.3.1. Now I have no movie description in German - all English! Same problem as firmware 1.0.2.0 and all other versions after 1.0.1.0. In the Movie Server, the language is set to German, in the DVDFAB movie manager too ... Nevertheless, only English film descriptions ?? My movies are on (many) external USB 3.0 hard drives. With version 1.0.3.1 now no billboard more ... In the newly created movie database I can not see what movies are on the currently used hard drive ... The FilmServer is therefore no longer usable for me. So back to version 1.0.1.0. (Once again) L Sorry for my very bad english ...

Comment

Originally posted by Raethien View Post
                Ting,
                I have had similar issues as well with my HDMI after patching, in most cases rebooting after an upgrade a couple of times has fixed, or I had downgraded, just so you know it may not be isolated.. Mine is connected to an Anthem AVM60 and a Sony Projector but I don't think it matters what the other side of the cable is in this case, its more like a bad state or config after patch/upgrade is the behavior I have seen. Going in and not using the auto frequencies and selecting specific ones is what I did another time.

Thanks
                hi, Raethien

Thanks your report, we will test this part more.

about the 4K in NAS problem,

I have tested the LUCY 4K, play it in QNAP NAS, but it's ok, Did you find other problem source ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jens Wagner View Post
                  Dear developer team, Here is my feedback: Last week I made the OTA update 1.0.3.1. Now I have no movie description in German - all English! Same problem as firmware 1.0.2.0 and all other versions after 1.0.1.0. In the Movie Server, the language is set to German, in the DVDFAB movie manager too ... Nevertheless, only English film descriptions ?? My movies are on (many) external USB 3.0 hard drives. With version 1.0.3.1 now no billboard more ... In the newly created movie database I can not see what movies are on the currently used hard drive ... The FilmServer is therefore no longer usable for me. So back to version 1.0.1.0. (Once again) L Sorry for my very bad english ...
                  hi,

Sorry for the language problem, we are working for it, in the next version, will fix this problem.

About the problem for hard drive, this function is not stable, so it be removed temporary, I think which will be add in the future version.

Thanks.

Comment

Based on what I have read in the forum so far, I have to wonder if I am the only one seeing this behavior after applying 1.0.3.1. First off the first install of 1.0.3.1 was OTA as I was checking for updates, and it just offered the update. I didn't know I was supposed to download the update to a USB drive and install from that. It wasn't until after the upgrade when I started noticing much more frequent stalls/freezing during playback from the local hard drive. It also became nearly impossible to transfer files to or from the movie server over the WiFi network. The connection is there because it will get about 1/4 to 1/3 of the iso file transferred before it fails. I have tried to find log files that show the condition but could not understand most of the data in the logs that I found. Really just wondering if I'm alone on this or if anyone else has noticed these performance differences. Either way, I'm anxiously waiting for the next release. In the meantime, I have ordered a SATA hot swap port for my computer so I can transfer files directly to the drive over USB link.
                    Thanks

Mike

Comment

Aspect ratio on 4K UHD MKV files not displaying correctly. It crops the top of the screen with a much larger black bar then the bottom under default aspect ratio full screen. No picture when selecting original aspect ratio and 16:9 turns all 4K movies into full screen. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue or if it was an issue on earlier versions as this 1.0.3.1 is my first test of 4K downloaded content.

Comment

And that is why I am staying on v1010.

Comment

Hi, So I was digging around in the System Maintenance area of the DMS. I was looking for a setting that might fix the performance issues that popped up right after the 1.0.3.1 update. I came across HiSilcon Media Player (Debugging). So I played a movie using the HiSilcon Media Player and it played the movie perfectly. When I played the same movie using the DMS poster menu, the movie had freezing and audio drops.

So the question is why? Both players are playing the same local file on the same hardware, so why is there such a significant difference in performance? Is there any hidden setting or configuration file where we can make the DMS Poster menu use the HiSilcon Media Player?

Thanks
                          -Mike
                          Thanks

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by heami07@gmail.com View Post
                            Hi, So I was digging around in the System Maintenance area of the DMS. I was looking for a setting that might fix the performance issues that popped up right after the 1.0.3.1 update. I came across HiSilcon Media Player (Debugging). So I played a movie using the HiSilcon Media Player and it played the movie perfectly. When I played the same movie using the DMS poster menu, the movie had freezing and audio drops.
                            hi, All source have playing problem or just special source ?

Comment

I only use local media for now. So it is the local attached SATA drive. Networking to and from the movie server is unusable. even trying to do a backup over WiFi network crashes the movie server. To solve my file transfer issue, I purchased a SATA docking station from my computer. When I have files to transfer, I shut the movie server down, and put the local SATA drive in the docking station and transfer the files over USB link to my local computer.

I have had all sorts of issues since the 1.0.3.1 update. Fortunately I have found what I hope to be temporary workarounds. I just hope the next release fixes these issues.
                              Thanks

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ting View Post

hi, All source have playing problem or just special source ?
                                They are all local files on the attached SATA drive.

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X