first look 1031

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first look 1031

First thing I did was build new database. At first look I was surprised to see that everything looked OK. But after a closer look I found that the scraper is not as good as expected. Movies/TV series were down by 5 and 1 each respectively. The video section had increased around 20%. Before 224 Now 271 (inc. are 5 movies).

The big PLUS was collections. It had a lot more than I expected. Unfortunately I was disappointed to find that the only collection I said that was wrong, REMAINS WRONG.
    Viking lost down under

hi, ejm

Thanks the feedback.

First thing I did was build new database. At first look I was surprised to see that everything looked OK. But after a closer look I found that the scraper is not as good as expected. Movies/TV series were down by 5 and 1 each respectively. The video section had increased around 20%. Before 224 Now 271 (inc. are 5 movies)
    We are always to work hard for improve the correction of scrape, we still have many work to do.

Originally posted by ejm View Post
    Unfortunately I was disappointed to find that the only collection I said that was wrong, REMAINS WRONG.
    please tell me which one is wrong ...

Comment

I'm just about to check it all out as I know that the web page is different to DMS. The hunt for red October doesn't belong in "The Jack Ryan collection".
      Last edited by ejm; 07-06-2018, 04:16 AM.
      Viking lost down under

Comment

The girl with the dragon tattoo belongs in "the millennium collection", this wasn't changed either.
        Viking lost down under

Comment

Unfortunately web page is still not reflected on DMS. This can be seen in the differences below.

Web Page

Movies

Final Fantasy: The spirit within (wrong year & poster) Unable to fix
          Jane Eyre (wrong year & poster) Unable to fix

"Battle of britain" and "The battle of britain" Keeps same poster doesn't matter what you do.
          The conjuring (2013) no poster and will not show when selected.

An officer and a gentleman still can't be found.

Under videos

The coven (2015)
          Megastorm (2009)
          Threads of destiny (2014)
          The call of the wild (2000)
          Alien Siege (2005)
          Alien Covenant (2017)

When doing meta data for these, the posters are found straight away, but does not move into movie catagory. Have
          tried multiple times. The call of the wild (2000) will not even show poster.

Alien Covenant (2017) fixed

TV series

Lost in space (2018) Whole season under videos. unable to scrape
          Space (2001) 2 Posters (1 was Space: 1999 (1975) Fixed

Impulse (2018) Whole season under videos. unable to scrape
          V: (1984) Whole season under videos. unable to scrape

Not found

Harrow (2018)
          Outcasts (2011)
          Inquisition (2014)
          Powers (2015)
          The moonstone (2016)
          The hunt for the zodiac killer (2017)

There could be more, would need further investigation.

================================================== ===========

DMS

Movies

Final Fantasy: The spirit within (wrong poster) Unable to fix
          Jane Eyre (wrong poster) Unable to fix

Dr Who: The end of time part 1 (2009) and Part 2 (2010) Have same poster
          Battle star galactica: "The Plan" (2009) and "The Last Frakkin' Special" (2009) Have same poster
          "Bedroom mazurka (1970)" and "I Tvillingernes Tegn (1975) - (In the Sign of the Gemini)" Have same poster.

"Battle of britain (1969)" and "The battle of britain (2010)" Keeps same poster doesn't matter what you do.
          The conjuring (2013) no poster and will not show when selected.

TV series

Space (2001) 2 Posters (1 was Space: 1999 (1975) Fixed on web page not DMS

Impulse (2018) Whole season under videos. unable to scrape
          V: (1984) Whole season under videos. unable to scrape
          Lost in space (2018) Whole season under videos. unable to scrape

Not found

Harrow (2018)
          Outcasts (2011)
          Inquisition (2014)
          Powers (2015
          The moonstone (2016)
          The hunt for the zodiac killer (2017)
          An officer and a gentleman still can't be found.

There could be more, would need further investigation.
          ================================================== ======

Able to see all (223) recently added TV series. When trying to see "all" under "GENRE"( I still get "Server access
          failure").

That is the ONLY genre I can see even if the first poster shows more.

NEW PROBLEM with DMS, is that if you scroll to fast through "recent found movie(s)" DMS crashes without the need for
          a reboot, but other a few of these the DMS freezes and you will need to reboot.

I'm not exactly happy about the amount of video's remaining to be scraped, so I'll redo the data base again.
          Viking lost down under

Comment

DMS has now decided to go crazy. It wants me to believe that nothing has been scrapped and crashes every time I try to see what movies/TV series I have. I gave up doing that and have started to rebuild data base again for the second time. I'm sure if this was happening to some one else I would be ROFLOL
            Viking lost down under

Comment

After data base rebuild only 1 change. The conjuring (2013) Fixed
              Viking lost down under

Comment

DMS is missing all TV series, web page have them all. Look like I'll have to rebuild data base again. Or is there something wrong with 1031?????
                Viking lost down under

Comment

Apparently it appears that rebuild library doesn't work. It goes through the process of scanning drive, but doesn't do anything. Web page had stayed the same. DMS had no TV series and movies had 671 and collections had 97. Now I know that scrapping takes a lot longer. I ended up having to do a factory reset. After 2 minutes Web page had nothing and so did DMS. I Know that I will not know anything until tomorrow. I'll let you know the results after I check it.
                  Viking lost down under

Comment

After factory rebuild and apart from problems above, 1 more TV series missing and video's have increased by 100%. I'll attempt to do another rebuild data base.

Rebuild has started as both web page and DMS have nothing at all.
                    Last edited by ejm; 07-06-2018, 11:01 PM. Reason: started rebuild
                    Viking lost down under

Comment

Finally all is working as it should. Everything above is still the same and only the 3 below were able to be changed.

Final Fantasy: The spirit within (wrong year & poster) fixed
                      Jane Eyre (wrong year & poster) fixed

The call of the wild (2000) and still under video's .fixed

About 150 episodes previously were under the correct posters, but not now.
                      Viking lost down under

Comment

After another data base rebuild I'm back to where I was before this update.

This is in my opinion the best firmware update so far; as scraper has cut back the amount of editing I've had to do. Considering that they have concentrated on movies/collections there still appears to be room for improvement.
                        It would be nice if some time was allocated to fixing TV series/video's as that is were I have most of my problems and I'm sure others do to.
                        Viking lost down under

Comment

hi, ejm

Thanks for testing and report the problem, I record all problems and will check it one by one, hope in the next version, you will get more better result .

Comment

thanks ting
                            Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
                            X