Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What types of subtitles

I have another question?

what types of subtitles is the DMS supposed to play? DVDFab saves the IDX/SUB subtitles inside the file or in the same directory, but my DMS refuses to play that type of subtitle. in order for me to get any subs I have to convert them to a single srt file.

That is a lot of time and effort for over 1000 movies, and I don't even know how many individual TV episodes that I have.

wow.. posted this 11 days ago, and not one response???

Comment

see here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/movie-server.htm?trackID=navmenu2
      look under specs.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy6977 View Post
        I have another question?

what types of subtitles is the DMS supposed to play? DVDFab saves the IDX/SUB subtitles inside the file or in the same directory, but my DMS refuses to play that type of subtitle. in order for me to get any subs I have to convert them to a single srt file.

That is a lot of time and effort for over 1000 movies, and I don't even know how many individual TV episodes that I have.
        hi, Shaggy6977

the idx/sub subtitles should be supported, what your problem is the subtitle cannot be finded or cannot be played ?

We will check this problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Ting,

The Subs are in the same folder or in a subfolder of each movie folder, the DMS shows the subs as two different subs, one for each file type IDX/Sub but most of the time it refuses to put anything on the screen even though they are there to choose from. if I convert them to srt files the DMS will almost always show them.

Same thing happens if they are muxed into the mkv file or mp4 file... sometimes they will play, but most of the time they don't even though they are there to choose from.

As for ISO files with complete DVD/Blu Ray menus... they pretty much play them all, but I prefer to not copy/rip ISO files.

october262,

Thank you for the link.

Comment

So... has there been any progress on this issue lately? my DMS is still refusing to play the IDX/SUB files that are included with the MKV file created by DVDFab.

while playing the movie I have the option of choosing between the two files with the menu/subtitles tree or the subtitle button on the remote, neither will play.

Comment

Working...
            X