DVDFab Forum - Turn off HDMI-CEC on DMS

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn off HDMI-CEC on DMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Feature Request Turn off HDMI-CEC on DMS

    Is there a way to turn off the HDMI-CEC functions on the DMS. When I connect the HDMI cord from DMS to my Mcintosh MX-122 it turns off the HDMI-CEC on my LG OLED enabling the internal tv speakers and disables the HDMI/ARC only for the TV-Video input on the processor. This is a real pain for when watching Netflix or other on board TV apps using the TV. I don't want to disable the HDMI-CEC on the TV as that is what allows me to use HDMI/ARC for audio from the MX-122. I believe the issue is with the DMS as for now I have to unplug the power cord anytime I want to watch any onboard tv apps on my LG OLED. I have tested this with Pioneer Elite Receiver also just to confirm its the DMS HDMI-CEC is causing the issue.

  • #2
    Originally posted by BenJamins View Post
    Is there a way to turn off the HDMI-CEC functions on the DMS. When I connect the HDMI cord from DMS to my Mcintosh MX-122 it turns off the HDMI-CEC on my LG OLED enabling the internal tv speakers and disables the HDMI/ARC only for the TV-Video input on the processor. This is a real pain for when watching Netflix or other on board TV apps using the TV. I don't want to disable the HDMI-CEC on the TV as that is what allows me to use HDMI/ARC for audio from the MX-122. I believe the issue is with the DMS as for now I have to unplug the power cord anytime I want to watch any onboard tv apps on my LG OLED. I have tested this with Pioneer Elite Receiver also just to confirm its the DMS HDMI-CEC is causing the issue.
    hi, We will check this problem, if HDMI CEC can be turned off, DMS will add one option in settings.

    Thanks.

    Comment


    • #3
      hi, We checked this part function, and In DMS, the CEC function is turn off in the default.

      So I think maybe the problem is DMS not enable CEC, so the full CEC working link is not correct ?

      Comment


      • #4
        So not sure what is actually causing my issues but its definitely from the DMS. If the DMS is turned off when I use my on board apps on the tv for example netflix the tv will automatically turn off my audio output source for the receiver and turns on the internal speakers of the tv for audio and the Mcintosh MX122 will no longer pick up the 7.1 audio and defaults to no speakers selected because the tv can't output to the HDMI/receiver audio. Now when the DMS is turned on this is all corrected and the tv will allow for the HDMI/Receiver audio output to be selected and all is well. The main problem is I have to leave the DMS on all the time. This also effects how the HDMI-CEC works with my AV equipment. with the DMS off I have to turn off my tv, receiver separately. With the DMS on turning the power to TV off will then turn off the receiver with also turns off my amp. I had none of these issues until installing the DMS into my system. Im wondering if its not HDMI-CEC issue which Im almost positive it is, could it be an audio passthrough issue within the settings of the DMS? I have HDMI selected for my audio in the DMS which runs to the media player HDMI port of my Mcintosh MX-122.

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi ting,
          I have a similar issue then BenJamins with the Movie Server.
          I havea LG TV with 4 HDMI Ports. 1 is utilized by a PS3, 1 by a BD-Player with receiver, 1 with a raspberry piwith openelec and the last used to be conected to a WII U. In this combination, I could utilized CEC on the pi (TV remote for navigation within openelec) and switching on the PS3 also started the TV while switching of the TV also switches of the PS3. So far so good.
          Because I do not utilize the Wi U anymore plus having the Movie server, I replaced the WII U by the movie server. While the server is in standby, no CEC service is working. As soon as the movie server is running and I restart the pi, I can utilize CEC again.Sending the DMS into standby disable the CEC. Disconecting the CEC brings me back to functional CEC after restart of the pi. Having a running DMS doea nothing for the non function of the PS3 and TV connection.
          The only thing I add to my system was the DMS. HDMI cable is still the same from the WII U. Therefore the DMS is disturbing somehow the CEC.

          Please fix this as soon as possible!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Frank_Castle_de View Post
            Hi ting,
            I have a similar issue then BenJamins with the Movie Server.
            I havea LG TV with 4 HDMI Ports. 1 is utilized by a PS3, 1 by a BD-Player with receiver, 1 with a raspberry piwith openelec and the last used to be conected to a WII U. In this combination, I could utilized CEC on the pi (TV remote for navigation within openelec) and switching on the PS3 also started the TV while switching of the TV also switches of the PS3. So far so good.
            Because I do not utilize the Wi U anymore plus having the Movie server, I replaced the WII U by the movie server. While the server is in standby, no CEC service is working. As soon as the movie server is running and I restart the pi, I can utilize CEC again.Sending the DMS into standby disable the CEC. Disconecting the CEC brings me back to functional CEC after restart of the pi. Having a running DMS doea nothing for the non function of the PS3 and TV connection.
            The only thing I add to my system was the DMS. HDMI cable is still the same from the WII U. Therefore the DMS is disturbing somehow the CEC.

            Please fix this as soon as possible!
            This might not be the Movie Server.
            I have had similar problems, possibly for the same reason.

            Assuming the Movie Server registers itself as a player, which it is, then ...

            You have, 1 x PS3, 1 x BD Player, 1 x RPi, the WII U is not CEC capable so it doesn't count, the TV and receiver will also be registered as what they are, not as a player.
            If each of those devices have CEC enabled and each registers as a player you have reached the maximum number of player devices (3) allowed on CEC and adding another device that also registers as a player will cause all sorts of odd problems.

            Now it might be the case that the RPi registers as a Recorder, depending on libCEC or possibly Kodi CEC configuration, in which case the problem might actually be something different.

            Anyway, if this is the problem you need to find a way to make at least one of your devices register as a recorder, which is much more difficult than you might think, best of luck with that.

            Assuming this is the problem, and it can be confirmed, maybe the DVDfab folks will kind enough to add an option to the Movie Server to have it register as a recorder rather than a player, it doesn't make a difference to functionality.

            Ian

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by raven-au View Post

              This might not be the Movie Server.
              I have had similar problems, possibly for the same reason.

              Assuming the Movie Server registers itself as a player, which it is, then ...

              ....
              Ian
              Hi ian,
              thanx for your feedback. I just shorten your answer for this quote.
              Your suggestion should be easy to test to eliminate the issue by removing the BD Player from the HDMI ports to see if this have an effect. Since Iwas on a business tripp and came back today I was facing other issues with the movie server that he does not want to play the BDs that he played prior the business trip. And monday I have to go to another busibess trip again, but latest after that I will try the above mentioned and post the result.
              But your comment seams to make sense for me.
              Keep you updated. :-)
              Frank

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Frank_Castle_de View Post

                Hi ian,
                thanx for your feedback. I just shorten your answer for this quote.
                Your suggestion should be easy to test to eliminate the issue by removing the BD Player from the HDMI ports to see if this have an effect. Since Iwas on a business tripp and came back today I was facing other issues with the movie server that he does not want to play the BDs that he played prior the business trip. And monday I have to go to another busibess trip again, but latest after that I will try the above mentioned and post the result.
                But your comment seams to make sense for me.
                Keep you updated. :-)
                Another thing to be aware of.

                The CEC bus should reconfigure automatically but, more often than I would like, it doesn't.
                So don't be too quick to conclude it's not working.

                Possibly (and I say that because even this doesn't always work either) removing power from all your AV equipment, unplug a device (Blu-ray in this case) and then re-apply the power, turn on the CEC devices you want included in the CEC device tree and finally turn on your receiver and then your TV and see how you go.

                The upside to this is that once the CEC topology is correct it tends to be remembered.

                Ian

                Comment

                Working...
                X