TV Series not playing / scraping correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Series not playing / scraping correctly

I followed the sticky note for naming my tv series. I have them in their own directory, TV Shows as stated. I then have a directory of the show's name (in this case The Partridge Family. I then have each season in a sub directory under that and each disc labeled as given in the sticky. For example, DVDFab\TV Shows\The Partridge Family\Season 01\The Partridge Family - s01e01-e08.iso

I have about 4 files in each of four directories for this TV show. Four discs per season. Yet, in my online Server I see 96 different listings under videos (not TV shows) and on the server I only show one season, and it only has the first episode shown. I cannot edit them to get them to show.

This week I put season 2 of CHiPs up. Same labeling as above. I have 14 episodes completed. I pulled these off individually so it would be, hopefully, better for catching them.

DVDFab\TV Shows\CHiPs\Season 02\CHiPs - s02e01 - Peaks and Valleys.iso

Of the 14 episodes I have, ONLY one shows on the movie server. The rest are not visible anywhere. I have tried it with and without the zero in the season directory. Season 1 and Season 01.

I also have Fantasy Island, labeled the same. It shows the show, multiple episodes like The Partridge Family, but on play back it only plays one episode and ignores the rest.

I do not have any TV shows that are correctly coming up and playing properly.

Originally posted by stitch0852 View Post
    I followed the sticky note for naming my tv series. I have them in their own directory, TV Shows as stated. I then have a directory of the show's name (in this case The Partridge Family. I then have each season in a sub directory under that and each disc labeled as given in the sticky. For example, DVDFab\TV Shows\The Partridge Family\Season 01\The Partridge Family - s01e01-e08.iso

I have about 4 files in each of four directories for this TV show. Four discs per season. Yet, in my online Server I see 96 different listings under videos (not TV shows) and on the server I only show one season, and it only has the first episode shown. I cannot edit them to get them to show.

This week I put season 2 of CHiPs up. Same labeling as above. I have 14 episodes completed. I pulled these off individually so it would be, hopefully, better for catching them.

DVDFab\TV Shows\CHiPs\Season 02\CHiPs - s02e01 - Peaks and Valleys.iso

Of the 14 episodes I have, ONLY one shows on the movie server. The rest are not visible anywhere. I have tried it with and without the zero in the season directory. Season 1 and Season 01.

I also have Fantasy Island, labeled the same. It shows the show, multiple episodes like The Partridge Family, but on play back it only plays one episode and ignores the rest.

I do not have any TV shows that are correctly coming up and playing properly.
    Stitch,
    For curiosity sake when you play The Partridge Family are you playing in Menu mode or Main Movie?

Comment

Since 1031, the system no longer offers to play TV shows in menu mode. (at least not on my server) It appears to select the longest episode in the ISO file and plays it back. User cannot access the menus at all, thus other episodes are not accessible.
      I have reported this to DVDFAB in a previous post, but so far they have not provided a fix for this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
        Since 1031, the system no longer offers to play TV shows in menu mode. (at least not on my server) It appears to select the longest episode in the ISO file and plays it back. User cannot access the menus at all, thus other episodes are not accessible.
        I have reported this to DVDFAB in a previous post, but so far they have not provided a fix for this problem.
        hi, We are working for this, will be fixed in the next version, thanks report .

Comment

stitch0852,

Just curious as to why you rip/copy individual episodes to an ISO file? I rip all my episodes from the dvd/blu-ray as MKV, or MP4 files with the VobSub subtitles embedded into the files, or as separate IDX/SUB files in the same folder, I then have to use Subtitle Edit to convert the picture based subtitles to a SRT file because for some reason the IDX/SUB file combination doesn't play all the time with my DMS. The SRT files always play if they are in the same directory as the video file.

The reasons for this is for one, I don't like to have to go through yet another menu tree to get to the videos. it's bad enough that there are three menus on the DMS Movies, TVShows and Video is enough for me especially when you never know where the machine is going to put them.
          Last edited by Shaggy6977; 07-26-2018, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Because when I had them ripped a full disc to one file, the server plays partial episode, then speeds up, slows down, cannot get back to the spot and will not play the remaining episodes in the file. I get one episode, no choice which, it begins play, and part way through play back, it either skips forward in like 15 minute blocks, or more. When I try to get it back to where it was, no dice. So I ripped individual episodes, pain in the butt, but appears to work a little better, at least I can watch the episode I selected.

Comment

Working...
            X